Построение вопросов разных типов в английском языке: практические задания
В английском языке существует пять типов вопросов :
- разделительный .
А также можно поставить вопрос к подлежащему.
А как, в общем, строится вопросительное предложение? Нарушается ли при этом строгая очередность следования членов предложения?
Мы ведь знаем, что по правилам на первом месте в английском предложении стоит подлежащее, на втором – сказуемое, за ним идёт дополнение, а потом остальные члены предложения.
При построении вопроса это правило перестаёт работать, так как порядок слов в вопросительном предложении меняется.
А именно, в одних случаях вопрос начинается с вопросительного слова, в других – с вспомогательного глагола (за исключением вопроса разделительного типа), затем сохраняется известный нам порядок следования:
- дополнение и остальные члены предложения.
|Общий||Are you a booklover? – Ты любитель книг? |
Do you read books? – Ты читаешь книги?
|Специальный||Why are you a booklover? – Почему ты любитель книг? |
When do you usually read books? – Когда ты обычно читаешь книги?
|Альтернативный||Are you a booklover or a nonreader? – Ты любитель книг или нет? |
Do you read books or magazines? – Ты читаешь книги или журналы?
|Разделительный|| You are a booklover, aren’t you? – Ты любитель книг, не так ли? |
You don’t read books, do you? – Ты не читаешь книги, не так ли?
|Вопрос к подлежащему||Who is a booklover? – Кто любитель книг? |
Who reads books? – Кто читает книги?
В начале практической работы выполняем несложные задания по теме, но по мере продвижения сложность упражнений будет возрастать.
5 types of questions exercises
Fill in the words to form questions did, are, do, have, was, haven’t, is, isn’t:
- What types of books ______ you like to read?
- _____ she reading love story or an adventure story?
- ______ you seen «Titanic»?
- Who _____ watching TV at eight o’clock last night?
- It’s an exciting book, ________ it?
- _____ you going to watch a romantic film or a musical?
- You have seen this film, _______ you.
- _____ you go to the cinema last night?
Now group this question by their types:
Yes / No Questions: ______________.
Alternative Questions: ______________.
Special Questions: ______________.
Tag Questions: ______________.
- birthday / is / when / your?
- many / How / cards / did / get / you?
- do / What / like / you / presents?
- mum / What / make / did / cake / your?
- at the party / you / did / what / do?
- like / you / parties / do / Why?
- summer / are / this / where / you / going?
- there / going / How / you / are?
- take / going / to / what / you / are?
- with / are / you / Who / going?
- do / going / to / you / there / What / are?
- you / stay / going / to / are / Where?
- what / playing / dad / sports / your / games / is / of / fond?
- roller-skate / when / learn / you / to / did?
- of / afraid / are / swimming / you?
Поставьте вопросы к предложениям (начинайте со слов в скобках):
- My sister eats sweets every day. (Who)
- He won’t go to the country this summer (Will)
- We were advised to come. (What?)
- I haven’t seen Peter since Saturday. (Since when?)
- They are planning to have a holiday soon. (They)
- She made a beautiful dress for herself last week. (What?)
- Everybody was waiting at the door to the museum. (Was)
- By the end of the year, he had read about twenty books. (How many)
- He is followed by his friend everywhere. (By whom?)
- He didn’t know how he could help his friend. (Why?)
Write questions to the underlined parts of the text:
John is my cousin (1). He is only 18, but he is already a student (2). John is very intelligent (3) and he is a good-looking boy too. Many girls (4) admire his dark brown (5) eyes and curly hair. The only problem is that John hasn’t got enough money (6). He likes books (7) but he often has no money to buy them.
Write special and alternative questions to the answers:
- He is from England.
- What country is he from?
- Is he from England or Scotland?
- We went to the library.
- He is a driver.
- We were playing a game.
- They came to this place a long time ago.
Напишите вопросы к ответам:
A computer. (The Adams bought a computer.)
They have. They have already met Mr Smith.)
They met Mr Smith when they were in London.
They are. (They are going to there again).
English. She teaches English.
Travelling. (He was interested in travelling.)
They do. (They have to get up early.)
At the airport. (He had to meet them at the airport.)
The baby’s room. (Mary has to clean the baby’s room every morning.)
Boots. (They have to wear boots.)
Write questions about driving in England.
Use the prompts:
- petrol expensive in England?
- motorists have to wear front seat belts in England?
- what minimum driving age?
- many roads in England?
- roads good in England?
- what the national speed limits in England?
- how all speed limits given on signs?
- how signs indicate speed limits?
Read the text. Write down the questions for the underlined words to get more information:
- Somebodywrote this book. It is about somebody and his friends.
- One day he put on something
- He looked likesomebody.
- The old Frekken Bokk was cooking something.
- Somethingopened and he appeared somewhere.
- She did somethingin horror.
- She phoned somebody.
- And at that time somebodyand his friend were eating something.
Complete the tag questions:
- The books about animals are real fun, …
- You really like reading magazines, …
- You can go to the library tomorrow, …
- Your mum thinks adventure stories are exciting, …
- You haven’t seen «Harry Potter» yet, …
Read these facts Ask and answer questions about the facts.
Use Who? When? What?
- Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein in 1818.
- Guglielmo Marconi invented the radio in 1894.
- Hubert Booth invented the vacuum cleaner in 1901
- King Camp Gillette invented the razor in 1901
- Henry Ford produced the first cheap car in 1908.
- Peter Chilvers built the first windsurfer in 1958.
Ask questions with who or what:
- Jack is waiting for someone.
- Someone is waiting for Jack.
- Something is happening.
- Someone has got the money.
- Carmen wants to see someone.
- Someone wants to see Carmen.
- Carmen wants to see something.
- Steven smiled at someone.
- Someone smiled at Steven.
- Steven smiled at something.
- Something happened.
Correct the mistakes:
- What Tony is writing?
- What is writing?
- What Julia want to do?
- Who does wants a cup of tea?
- Who President John F. Kennedy killed?
- Who did invented the telephone?
- Whose your favorite actor?
- Who’s is this coat?
- What hand do you write with?
- Arthur is 21, hasn’t he?
- You’re a student, isn’t it?
- They live in Milan, doesn’t it?
- Does Diana like golf, doesn’t she?
Упражнения на времена английского глагола
Предлагаю Вам подборку разноуровневых упражнений на отработку темы «Времена глагола» в английском языке. Уровень упражнений варьируется от Pre-Intermediate до Upper – Intermediate. В упражнениях проверяется только активный залог. Все упражнения предлагаются с ответами. English Tenses Exercises are here!
Упражнения на времена английского глагола. Уровень Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 1. Join the two parts of sentences.
1. Fred plays tennis.
2. Fred is playing tennis.
3. Fred has played tennis.
4. Fred played tennis.
5. Fred was playing tennis.
6. Fred will play tennis.
b) for several times.
Упражнение 2. Copy the sentences and note if they refer to the present, past or future. Write the tense against each sentence.
Example: He cut his finger with a knife. (Simple Past)
- He often cuts himself.
- What time did John arrive?
- I never forget anything.
- Are you sitting comfortably?
- We drank a lot of Coke at the party.
- It was raining all night.
- The train will leave in a few minutes.
- I put on a clean shirt yesterday.
Упражнение 3. Put the following sentences into the correct tense: Simple Past, Simple Present, Present Continuous or Past Continuous, Present Perfect.
- I ________ (listen) to the radio while Mary __________ (cook) dinner.
- You __________ (buy) this book yesterday?
- Last Friday Jill __________ (go) home early because she __________ (want) to see a film.
- When your brother usually __________ (get) home in the evening?
- Jane always __________ (bring) us a nice present.
- What those people __________ (do) in the middle of the road?
- You __________ (read) this book?
- While Fred __________ (sleep), Judy __________ (watch) TV.
- When I __________ (be) young, I __________ (think) Mary __________ (be) nice — but now I __________ (think) she’s fantastic.
- Jill __________ (walk) home when she __________ (see) her husband’s car outside the cinema
- Look there! Sue and Tim __________ (run) to school.
- Jack’s father __________ (not work) in London — he __________ (not speak) English.
- Joe __________ (buy) a car yesterday.
- Their father often __________ (go) to rock concerts.
- While you __________ (sleep), mother __________ (arrive).
Упражнение 4. Исправьте ошибки.
- When she was younger, she has played tennis every day.
- It’s already 10:00, but Jane hasn’t finished her homework already.
- Joe crashed his car three times since Christmas.
- Did you done your homework, or have you been watching TV?
- Karl has been driving since five years.
- This hotel has been already in business for twenty years.
Упражнения на времена английского глагола. Уровень Intermediate.
Упражнение 5. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense form (Present Simple, Present Perfect, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous).
- Alice . (not to take) the bus to school every day. She usually . (to walk) to school.
- (to take) … you the bus to get to school or . (to walk) you?
- Who is this man? I . (to think) that I . (to know) him, but I . (to forget) his name.
- The children . (to have) a good time in the park yesterday. They . (to give) small pieces of bread to the ducks. Then they . (to take) pictures of themselves.
- Where are the children? They . (to watch) TV in the room now. Some minutes ago they . (to play) a game.
- Now I am in my class. I. (to sit) at my desk. I always . (to sit) at the same desk.
Упражнение 6. Раскройте скобки употребляя глаголы в Present Simple, Future Simple, Present Continuous или поставьте конструкцию to be going + to inf.
- When you_____ (know) your examination results?
- Kathy_____ (travel) to Caracas next month to attend a conference.
- Do you have any plans for lunch today? — I _____ (meet) Shannon at the Sham Cafe in an hour. Do you want to join us?
- I ____ (buy) a bicycle for my son for his birthday next month. Do you know anything about bikes for kids? — Sure. What do you want to know?
- How do you like your new job? — I don’t start it until tomorrow. I_____ (give) you an answer next week.
- I suppose he_____ (talk) about his new invention.
- Why are you packing your suitcase? — I_____ (leave) for Los Angeles in a couple of hours.
- My regular doctor, Dr. Jordan, _____ (attend) a conference in Las Vegas next week, so I hope I _____ (meet) her partner, Dr. Peterson, when I _____ (go) for my appointment next Friday.
- What time class _____ (begin) tomorrow morning? — It_____ (begin) at eight o’clock sharp.
- The coffee shop _____ (open) at seven o’clock tomorrow morning. I’ll meet you there at 7:15. — Okay. I’ll be there.
Упражнение 7. Раскройте скобки употребляя глаголы в Future Continuous, Present Continuous, Future Simple или поставьте конструкцию to be going + to inf.
- At 5 o’clock tomorrow he _______ (work).
- He can’t come at noon tomorrow because he _______ (give) a lesson at that time.
- She_______ (read) an interesting book the whole evening tomorrow.
- At 10 o’clock tomorrow morning he_______ (talk) to his friend.
- You will recognize her when you see her. She_______ (wear) a yellow hat.
- He_______ (have a party) on Saturday 4th December in London at 10 pm.
- In the next days you _______ (visit) famous sights.
- Jeanne and Paul_______ (move) to London next month.
- Leave the washing up. -I _______ (do) it later.
- This time tomorrow I _______ (lie) on the beach.
- Look out! You _______ (spill) your tea!
Упражнение 8. Упражнение раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous, Past Simple.
- Aren’t you about to finish with the dishes? You _______ (wash) the dishes for thirty minutes or more. How long can it take you to wash the dishes?
- We _______ (go) to the Steak House restaurant many times. The food is excellent.
- A: What is that sound? B: A car alarm _______ (ring) somewhere down the street. It _______ (drive) me crazy —I wish it would stop! It _______ (ring) for more than twenty minutes.
- Can you translate this note from Stockholm? I understood Swedish when I _______ (be) a child, but I _______ (forget) it all.
- What’s that dent in the side of the car? You _______ (have) an accident?
- I’m sorry, John’s not here; he _______ (go) to the dentist. He _______ (have) trouble with a tooth for some time.
- This cassette recorder is broken. You _______ (play) about with it?
- Your Italian is very good. You _______ (study) it long?
- Do you mind if I clear the table? You _______ (have) enough to eat?
- Ann never _______ (go) camping. She _______ (not sleep) in a tent.
- Frank, where have you been? We _______ (wait) for you since 1 p.m.
- I’m not surprised he _______ (fail) that exam. He _______ (not / work) hard recently.
Упражнение 9. Pаскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple или Present Perfect Continuous.
- Oh no! The children _______ (cook). Look at the state of this kitchen!
- How many times Wendy _______ (be) late for work this week?
- I’m going to give that cat some food. It _______ (sit) on the doorstep for hours. I’m sure it’s starving.
- I _______ (do) grammar exercises all morning. I deserve a treat for lunch.
- You _______ (not / buy) your mother a present? That’s really mean of you.
- She _______ (work) in Australia for 2 years. Then she moved.
- Now where are my keys? This is the third time I _______ (lose) them today
- You _______ (ever/play) chess? You should try it. I’m sure it’s the sort that you’d like.
- Oh do be quiet. You _______ (grumble) all day!
- Your tennis _______ (really / improve)! You _______ (practice) in secret?
Упражнения на времена английского глагола. Уровень Upper -Intermediate.
Упражнение 10. Подчеркните правильно выбранное время.
- I am writing in connection with the advertisement which appeared / has appeared on 12 April.
- I originally studied/ have studied chemistry at university. I graduated / have been graduating with a first-class degree.
- I now completed / have now completed a postgraduate degree in administration.
- I’ve been trying / I’ve tried to find a permanent job for a considerable time.
- Indeed, I have already worked /I have already been working for several companies on a temporary basis.
- In my first job, I was / have been responsible for marketing,
- I’ve been applying / have applied for several posts this year but I did not manage / have not managed to find what I’m looking for.
- The last job I applied / have applied for required applicants to speak some Japanese,
- I started learning / have been learning Spanish a few months ago I did not obtain / have not obtained a qualification in it yet.
- I did not apply / have not applied for a job with your company before.
- I hoped / have hoped that you would consider my application favourably.
- However, I have been waiting/ have waited for a reply for weeks and I still have not received / did not receive any answer.
Упражнение 11. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple или Present Perfect Continuous.
- Today is Thursday, and John ________ (be) late twice this week; he________ (be) late yesterday and on Monday.
- I first________ (meet) George a month ago, and I ________ (meet) him several times since then.
- It is October now, and we ________ (do) a lot of work this year; we ________ (do) a lot last year too.
- She ________ (buy) a coat last winter, but she________ (not / buy) a new dress since 2008.
- It’s only the middle of the month, and he________ (spend) (already) most of his salary; he ________ (spend) $60 yesterday,
- I ________ (break) my leg in 1991, but I ________ (break) (never) my arm.
- He’s over sixty, and he’s still working. He ________ (work) hard all his life. When he ________ (be) a young man, he sometimes ________ (work) all night.
- The postman ________ (come) at eight yesterday, but it’s now half past eight and he ________ (not / come) yet.
- Today is May 25th. Ted ________ (not / be) absent this month.
- He ________ (feel) extremely ill when he went to hospital, but he ________ (feel) much better since he came out of hospital a month ago.
1 – a, 2 – c, 3 – b, 4 – f,5 – d, 6 – e.
1 Present Simple/indefinite, 2 Past Simple/Indefinite, 3 Present Simple/indefinite, 4 Present Continuous/Progressive, 5 Past Simple/Indefinite, 6 Past Continuous/Progressive, 7 Future Simple / Indefinite, 8 Past Simple/Indefinite
1 was listening / was cooking, 2 did you buy, 3 went / wanted, 4 does your brother usually get, 5 brings, 6 are people doing, 7 have you read, 8 was sleeping / was watching, 9 was /thought /was / think, 10 was walking / saw, 11 are running, 12 doesn’t work / doesn’t speak, 13 bought, 14 goes, 15 were sleeping / arrived.
1 has played ->played, 2 already -> yet, 3 crashed -> has crashed, 4 Did ->have, 5 since -> for, 6 has been already -> has already been
1 doesn’t take /walks, 2 Do you take / Do you walk, 3 think / know /have forgotten, 4 had / gave /took, 5 are watching / were playing, 6 am sitting / sit
1 will you know, 2 is travelling, 3 am meeting, 4 am going to buy, 5 will give, 6 is going to talk, 7 am leaving, 8 is attending / will meet /go, 9 does class begin / begins, 10 opens.
1 will be working, 2 will be giving, 3 will be reading, 4 will be talking, 5 will be wearing, 6 will be having / is having, 7 will visit, 8 are moving, 9 will do, 10 will be lying, 11 will spill
1 have been washing, 2 have gone, 3 is ringing/ is driving /has been ringing, 4 was /have forgotten, 5 have you had, 6 has gone / has had, 7 have you played, 8 have you been studying, 9 have you had, 10 has never gone / has never slept, 11 have been waiting, 12 has failed, hasn’t been working
1 have been cooking, 2 has Wendy been, 3 has been sitting, 4 have been doing, 5 haven’t you bought, 6 worked, 7 have lost, 8 have you ever played, 9 have been grumbling, 10 has really improved, have you practiced
1 appeared, 2 studied / graduated, 3 have now completed, 4 I’ve been trying, 5 have already worked, 6 was, 7 have applied / have not managed, 8 applied, 9 started learning/ have not obtained, 10 have not applied, 11 have hoped, 12 have been waiting/ have not received
1 has been / was, 2 met /have met, 3 have done / did, 4 bought / hasn’t bought, 5 has already spent / spent, 6 broke / have never broken, 7 has been working hard / was / worked, 8 came / hasn’t come, 9 hasn’t been, 10 felt / has felt
На сайте есть упражнения на все времена английского глагола, а также примеры предложений в разных временах. Найти все это можно в рубрике ВРЕМЕНА.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
84 Комментариев для «Упражнения на времена английского глагола»