Упражнения на прямую и косвенную речь в английском языке
Сегодня выполняем упражнения на прямую и косвенную речь в английском языке. Вначале предлагаю Вам повторить правила прямая и косвенная речь в английском языке. Надеюсь, вы готовы и мы можем приступить к выполнению упражнений.
В статье есть упражнения на употребление
Косвенная речь упражнения. Утвердительные предложения.
В данной главе выполним indirect speech exercises на перевод утвердительных предложений из прямой речи в косвенную.
Упражнение 1. Change the direct speech into reported speech. Переведите в косвенную речь.
Example “I work hard,” Jillian said.
— Jillian said that he worked hard.
- “I am planning to go to Kenya,” Sally said.
- “I take my little sister to school every day,” little Anthony said.
- “You may take my textbook,” Nonna said.
- “They are playing in the gym now,” Nick said.
- “I don’t like chocolate,” Mary said.
- “My sister is ready to go” Helen said.
- “My mother usually goes shopping on Saturday,” the girl said.
- “The birds build their nests among the trees,” the teacher said.
- “I am not married,” Jimmy said.
- “I can’t read these books. I don’t like them,” Petra said.
Упражнение 2. Change the direct speech into reported speech. Переведите в косвенную речь.
Example 1: I have already finished the test. -> He said he had already finished the test.
- We have gone on holiday.
- Nelly can’t write; she has cut her finger.
- The Ivanovs have travelled to many places.
- Sam has already learnt the poem.
- My sister has broken my pencil.
- My dad has never travelled by plane.
- Andrew has lost his keys.
- Jill has never slept in a tent.
Example 2: The party finished late. —> He said (that) the party had finished late.
- They lived in a camp when they were on holiday.
- My brother got up early this morning.
- Li was a famous sportsman.
- The couple agreed to meet at six.
- Yesterday, I saw Mary in the street.
- Sammy arrived by train.
- Nicky went home early yesterday.
- The kids played tennis in the yard.
Example 3: I’ll meet them at school. —> He said he would meet them at school.
- The match will take place next week.
- This work will take little time.
- My parents will come at 3.
- Mike will do this exercise later.
- My friend won’t be able to come.
- They’ll build a new hotel here.
- It will rain tomorrow.
- Sandy won’t be able to come.
- We’ll have examinations next year.
Упражнение 3. Imagine that you met your friend and he told you something. Writе what he told you.
Example: I haven’t seen you for a long time.—> He told me that he hadn’t seen me for a long time.
- I was away from school because I was ill.
- I phoned you many times but you were out.
- Some of the schoolmates came to see me.
- I had a cold and stayed in bed.
- I watched TV.
- I’ll come to school next week.
- I’ll be better I hope.
- The doctor has given me many pills.
Упражнение 4. Перепишите предложения из косвенной речи в прямую.
Example: He said the meeting had finished. —> The meeting has finished.
- He said that his bus hadn’t come in time the day beforе.
- The boys said they would go to the football match.
- He said their team hadn’t won the last game.
- Molly said that she had gone to the library after school.
- Liz said that she would go home early.
- Wе said that we hadn’t made any plans yet.
Косвенная речь упражнения. Вопросительные предложения.
Переходим к упражнениям на отработку перевода вопросительных предложений из прямой речи в косвенную.
Упражнение 5. Imagine that you saw your doctor yesterday because you had a bad headache. Tell your partner what questions the doctor asked.
Example: Do you sleep well?
— The doctor asked me if I slept well.
- Is anything wrong with you?
- Do you sometimes have headaches?
- Are you taking any medicine now?
- Do you spend much time out- of-doors?
- Do you do sports?
- Have you a good appetite?
- Do you usually go to bed late?
- Will you follow my advice?
Упражнение 6. Imagine that a reporter from the local newspaper came to your school yesterday. Report his questions.
Еxample: How long have you studied at this school?
— He asked me how long I had studied at that school.
- What do you like about your school?
- What school activity did you have last?
- What good habits have you formed at school?
- What is your favorite subject?
- What is more important for you at school?
- How often do you go on school trips?
- What is your school record?
Упражнение 7. Report the questions.
Example: Are you glad to be back?
— He asked me if I was glad to be back.
- How are you?
- How long have you been away?
- Are you going away again?
- What will you do in future?
- Why did you come back?
- What are you doing now?
- Have you made new friends?
- Where are you living now?
Упражнение 8. Report the questions.
— She asked him if he was English.
- Can Molly speak English?
- What impressed you most in England?
- When did Rick come home yesterday?
- Does Megan like travelling?
- Will you come to my place on Friday?
- Is it your second visit to England?
- Why have you come to scotland?
- Will Molly stay at the hotel long?
Упражнение 9. Write reported questions.
— She asked who he was.
- “Why is she working so late?” he asked.
- “Is she British?” he asked.
- “What’s her name?” he asked.
- “What did she buy?” he asked.
- “Will you have something to eat?” she asked.
- “Have they got any money?” she asked.
- “How did you do that?” she asked.
Косвенная речь упражнения. Побудительные предложения.
Упражнение 10. Imagine that your mother gave you some instructions. Report them to your partner. Use the sentences below.
She told me to feed the cat.
- Come home straight after school.
- Warm up your dinner.
- Wash up the dishes after the dinner.
- Buy bread, milk and sugar.
- Start doing your homework before I come.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- Clean your room.
- Wait for me at home.
Упражнение 11. Tell your partner what instructions you have got from different teachers today. Use the sentences below.
— She told us not to be late for the lesson
- Don’t stay outside after the bell comes.
- Don’t run along the corridor.
- Don’t make noise.
- Don’t look into your neighbor’s exercise-book.
- Don’t lie on your desk.
- Don’t ask me silly questions.
- Don’t waste time at the lesson.
- Listen to me attentively.
- Write down the rule into your exercise-books.
- Get down to work.
Надеюсь, вы справились с этими упражнениями по теме Косвенная речь.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
19 Комментариев для «Упражнения на прямую и косвенную речь в английском языке»
Спасибо. Оччень удачные упражнения!
Пожалуйста, собирала для своих учеников)))
Подскажите как перевести в косвенную речь предложение they said «we had booked the room before we left «
they said they had booked the room before they left
Скажите, а ответы ко всем тествм по грамматике есть? с чем сверять?
Елена, к данным упражнениям готовых ответов нет.
Очень хорошие упражнения! Спасибо
Добрый вечер, завтра контрольная) Прошу помощи! Как выполнять подобные предложения?
They lived in a camp when they were on holiday.
My brother got up early this morning.
Li was a famous sportsman.
The couple agreed to meet at six.
Yesterday, I saw Mary in the street.
Sammy arrived by train.
Nicky went home early yesterday.
The kids played tennis in the yard.
Добрый, ну если нужно перевести в косвенную речь, то нужно знать в каком времени глагол говорения, если в настоящем, то изменения нужно по смыслу только делать, а если в прошедшем, то глагол переводить на время назад:
He said they had lived in a camp when they had been on holiday.
He said his brother had got up early that morning.
He said Li had been (was) a famous sportsman.
He said the couple had agreed to meet at six.
He said he had seen Mary in the street the day before.
He said Sammy had arrived by train.
He said Nicky had gone home early the day before.
He said the kids had played tennis in the yard.
У вас предложения в прошедшем времени, следовательно нужно переводить в past perfect (Had+ V3)
Добрый вечер! Мне кажется, здесь опечатка. Проверьте, пожалуйста.
Упражнения «Косвенная речь» (с ответами)
1. Превратите следующие предложения в косвенную речь, сделав все необходимые изменения.
Н-р: Jack said: “ I am working hard.” (Джэк сказал: «Я много работаю.») – Jack said (that) he was working hard. (Джэк сказал, что много работает.)
I told her: “ You can join us.” (Я сказал ей: «Ты можешь присоединиться к нам.») – I told her (that) she could join us.” (Я сказал ей, что она может присоединиться к нам.)
- Fred said: “I have invented a new computer program”. (Фрэд сказал: «Я изобрел новую компьютерную программу.»)
- Mary said: “I will help my sister.” (Мэри сказала: «Я помогу своей сестре.»)
- They told me: “We were really happy.” (Они сказали мне: «Мы были очень счастливы.»)
- She said: “I live in a big apartment.” (Она сказала: «Я живу в большой квартире.»)
- He told her: “I am going to the fish market.” (Он сказал ей: «Я собираюсь на рыбный рынок.»)
- Betty said: “I found my passport.” (Бетти сказала: «Я нашла свой паспорт.»)
- Mr. Ford said: “I don’t like pork.” (М-р Форд сказал: «Я не люблю свинину.»)
- Little Tim told his mother: “I am sleepy.” (Маленький Тим сказал маме: «Я хочу спать.»)
2. Преобразуйте следующие просьбы и советы в косвенную речь.
Н-р: The doctor said: “Please take a deep breath, Ann.”(Доктор сказал: «Пожалуйста, сделай глубокий вздох, Аня.») – The doctor asked Ann to take a deep breath. (Доктор попросил Аню сделать глубокий вздох.)
Sara: “Don’t forget to buy some juice.” (Сара: «Не забудь купить немного сока.») – Sara reminded not to forget to buy some juice. (Сара напомнила не забыть купить немного сока.)
She said: “You should stop smoking so much, Mark.” (Она сказала: «Тебе следует прекратить так много курить, Марк.» — She advised Mark to stop smoking so much. (Она посоветовала Марку прекратить так много курить.)
- The policeman said: “Keep the silence, please.” (Полицейский сказал: «Соблюдайте тишину, пожалуйста.») – The policeman asked ……
- Mother said: “Kids, you should wash your hands before lunch.” (Мама сказала: «Дети, нужно помыть руки перед обедом.») – Mother advised ……
- The dentist told me: “Don’t eat nuts anymore.” (Дантист сказал мне: «Больше не ешь орехи.») – The dentist warned ……
- Tom : “Could you lend me 20 dollars, please?” (Том: «Ты не мог бы одолжить мне 20 долларов?») – Tom asked ……
- Mr. Walters told his sons: “You must stay away from the lake.” (М-р Уолтерс сказал сыновьям: «Вы должны держаться подальше от озера.») – Mr. Walters warned ……
- John said: “You should see a lawyer, Ted.” (Джон сказал: «Тебе следует посетить адвоката.») – John advised ……
- The teacher told the students: “Don’t talk during the test.” (Учитель сказал студентам: «Не разговаривайте во время контрольной.») – The teacher warned ……
- The judge said: “Mr. Brown, you must pay a big fine.” (Судья сказал: «М-р Браун, вы обязаны заплатить большой штраф.») – The judge ordered ……
3. Измените вопросы на косвенную речь.
Н-р: “Where does your niece live ?”(«Где живет твоя племянница?») – He wanted to know where the niece lived . (Он хотел знать, где живет племянница.)
“ Can you type?” («Ты умеешь печатать?») – The manager asked if I could type. (Менеджер спросил, могу ли я печатать.)
- “Where has Jim gone?” («Куда ушел Джим?») – Maria wanted to know ……
- “What did the workers eat?” («Что ели рабочие?») – They asked ……
- «Have you ever been to China, Sam?” («Ты когда-нибудь был в Китае, Сэм?») – I asked ……
- “Are you French or Italian?” («Вы француз или итальянец?») – She wanted to know ……
- “When will the next train arrive?” («Когда прибудет следующий поезд?») – I asked ……
- “Do you grow flowers in your garden, Mrs. Smith?” («Вы выращиваете цветы в своем саду, миссис Смит?») – She wondered ……
4. Теперь, наоборот, измените косвенную речь на прямую.
Н-р: Peter asked me if I was free. (Питер спросил меня, свободен ли я.) – Peter asked: “ Are you free?”
She wanted to know where I had bought the dictionary. (Она хотела узнать, где я купила словарь.) – She asked: “Where did you buy the dictionary?”
- I asked him why he was tired. (Я спросил его, почему он устал.)
- We wanted to know if Kate had broken the car. (Мы хотели узнать, сломала ли Кейт машину.)
- He asked if they could meet on Tuesday. (Он спросил, могут ли они встретиться во вторник.)
- I wondered how often she used the washing-machine. (Я поинтересовалась, как часто она пользуется стиральной машиной.)
- Mother wanted to know if we would invite Kevin to the party. (Мама хотела знать, пригласим ли мы Кевина на вечеринку.)
- Fred said (that) he had invented a new computer program.
- Mary said (that) she would help her sister.
- They told me (that) they had been really happy.
- She said (that) she lived in a big apartment.
- He told her (that) he was going to the fish market.
- Betty said (that) she had found her passport.
- Mr. Ford said (that) he didn’t like pork.
- Little Tim told his mother (that) he was sleepy.
- The policeman asked to keep the silence.
- Mother advised the kids to wash their hands before lunch.
- The dentist warned me not to eat nuts anymore.
- Tom asked to lend him 20 dollars.
- Mr. Walters warned his sons to stay away from the lake.
- John advised Ted to see a lawyer.
- The teacher warned the students not to talk during the test.
- The judge ordered Mr. Brown to pay a big fine.
- Maria wanted to know where Jim had gone .
- They asked what the workers had eaten .
- I asked Sam if he had ever been to China.
- She wanted to know if he was French or Italian.
- I asked when the next train would arrive.
- She wondered if Mrs. Smith grew flowers in her garden.
- I asked: “Why are you tired?”
- We asked: “ Have you broken the car, Kate?”
- He asked: “ Can we/they meet on Tuesday?”
- I asked: “How often do you use the washing-machine?”
- Mother asked: “ Will you invite Kevin to the party?”