Словообразование в английском — упражнения с ответами
Добрый день, читатели блога grammar-tei.com. Сегодня мы займемся словообразованием и выполним несколько упражнений на словообразование в английском языке. Все упражнения даются с ответами, поэтому Вы сможете проверить себя.
Тема словообразование в английском – очень сложная, поэтому практиковаться нужно много. Всем известно, что задания на словообразования есть в ЕГЭ. Не будем откладывать и выполним упражнения на словообразование в английском.
Задания на словообразование. Word building exercises.
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки. Образуйте существительные.
- The study calculated that replacing weekly fruit juice . with whole fruits could bring health benefits. (consume)
- For my birthday Mother baked a cake with yellow . . (ice)
- Carbohydrates, proteins and fats are called . because they provide the fuel your body needs. (nutrition)
- Many women have to juggle . and a full-time job. (mother)
- . are unavoidable when three . live under one roof. (argue, generate)
- Her deep . of her sister was evident. (hate)
- Older people who live alone often need help with gardening and house . (maintain)
- Positive attitude helps employees to get along with . and managers. (worker)
- China’s air. has cut life . by an average of 5.5 years in the north of the country and caused higher rates of lung cancer. (pollute, expect)
- It is much safer to use stainless steel or glass . instead of plastic ones. (contain)
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки. Образуйте прилагательные.
- My favorite . book is “Appetite” by Nigel Slater. (cooker)
- Eating can also make you . and so can waking up in the morning. (thirst)
- You shouldn’t rest on your laurels but try to improve your . performance. (academy)
- Highly . gas is naturally found in coal mines. (explode)
- An . species is a species of organisms facing a very high risk of extinction. (danger)
- The most. earthquake struck in Shanxi, China 1556. (disaster)
- . exploitation of nature by man has resulted in the effects we have to deal with now. (thought)
- Laos is a landlocked . country, widely covered by tropical forest. (mountain)
- I decided to take a walk. It would be too . to wait in the queue. (tire)
Упражнение 3. Используйте отрицательные приставки. Образуйте подходящие по смыслу слова.
- The service was slow and the waiter’s familiarity was … , so we left without paying. (accept)
- Some children are a challenge, especially when they . in public places. (behaviour)
- To my . , the restaurant was overbooked and we had to spend the evening at home. (appoint)
- Michael was . about what dessert to order. (decide)
- Parents’. of their children’s behaviour and life choices can ruin their lives. (approve)
- There is a huge difference between . children and those merely . to listen to their parents’ advice. (obey, will)
- Young children mustn’t be left . either at home or at public places. (attention)
- She was frequently left alone by her . husband. (faith)
- If you describe someone as . you are criticising them because they are unable to do their job or a task properly or are . to act in this capacity. (competence, qualifications)
- Banks are still seen as . and many people keep their savings at home. (security)
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, образуйте глаголы.
- Guar gum also is used in the food industry to . products like ice cream. (thick)
- Old Manchester houses are made of red brick. by soot. (black)
- David spotted the pink silk lampshade in a shop and thought it would . up the room. (bright)
- Do we ever stop to think about the importance of the air we . ? (breath)
- I’d like to . this dress for one in a larger size. (change)
- They . 100 dollars from a bank account an hour ago. (draw)
Упражнение 5. Раскройте скобки. Образуйте подходящие по смыслу слова.
- Sometimes one’s . are the only people one can . in. (parental, confidence)
- Many people . that getting a spouse can put them out of their. which later. wrong, because sometimes marriage makes life more difficult. (belief, miserable, proof)
- An . Roman . has been discovered in northwest England, (extend, settle)
- The dining-room is elegantly . and . carpeted, (furniture, luxury)
- Everyone is . of her having the chance to . abroad, (envy, student)
- When employers look at. candidates, beyond skills, experience, and training, they look for those who demonstrate . (prospect, enthuse)
- In the city the . and . were insufferable, (hot, humid)
- Our planet’s. regions, located just north and south of the equator, are known for their. and . (tropic, warm, humid)
- Next to Shakespeare, no . gets more love on Broadway than Tennessee Williams, (play)
- During Elizabeth’s reign England significantly . its trade . and in 1580 Sir Francis Drake became the first Englishman to successfully . the earth, (expansion, sea, circumnavigation)
Упражнение 6. Образуйте слова от данных. Вставьте слова в текст.
RESTORATION, LOOK, DEMOLITION, EXTEND, GOTH, ACCOMMODATE, PANELLING, UNEXPECTED
Located in Wiltshire, an outstanding and beautifully __________ (1), late ________ (2) style manor house was built of limestone. Originally it was a much larger property that was mostly ___________ (3). Solid in appearance and structure, it offers _________ (4) and well presented ___________ (5). As one would ___________ (6) there is a grand drawing room with oak _________ (7) walls and a large open fireplace. The large windows __________ (8) a parkland setting.
FORM, ILLEGAL, EDUCATIONAL, QUALIFICATIONS, TUITION
Home education is when a child is __________ (1) at home rather than at school. It’s perfectly __________ (2) in the UK and one doesn’t need to be a __________ (3) teacher to do so. Children who are home educated receive all their education from their parents, sometimes with the help of outside __________ (4). If you decide to home educate your child you don’t have to follow __________ (5) rules about how you teach or when you teach.
CHIEF, SEARCH, SCIENCE, INDUCE, COLLECT, APPLY, ADOPTION, FOUND
English philosopher, statesman, and jurist who rose to become Lei Chancellor (1618—1621) to James I but is __________ (1) remembered for the status he gave to __________ (2) research in England. Although his name is associated with the method of __________ (3) and the rejection of a priori reasoning in science, the painstaking __________ (4) of miscellaneous facts without any use of error theory which he supported in the Novum Organum has never been __________ (5) as a practical method of __________ (6). The __________ (7) of the Baconian method was, however, an important object in the __________ (8) of the Royal Society some years later.
DEPTH, HARMLESS, DESIRE, MODERATE, ACCESS
We’ve all heard of emotional eating. There’s also such a thing as emotional shopping. In __________ (1), neither of these activities is __________ (2), but in excess both can have serious consequences. The __________ (3) and the affordability of goods make shopping all the more appealing. For many compulsive buyers, a big part of the appeal of shopping is the process of searching out and obtaining that new, better, __________ (4) item. This process is so mesmerising that it often ruins long-term financial plans, leaving shoppers __________ (5) in debt.
Ответы к упражнениям на словообразование. Word building exercises – answers.
1 consumption, 2 icing, 3 nutrients, 4 motherhood/maternity, 5 arguments, generations, 6 hatred, 7 maintenance, 8 co-workers, 9 pollution, expectancy
1 cookery, 2 thirsty, 3 academic, 4 explosive, 5 endangered, 6 disastrous, 7 thoughtless, 8 mountainous, 9 tiresome
1 unacceptable, 2 misbehave, 3 disappointment, 4 indecisive, 5 disapproval, 6 disobedient, unwilling, 7 unattended, 8 unfaithful, 9 incompetent, unqualified, 10 insecure
1 thicken, 2 blackened, 3 brighten, 4 breathe, 5 exchange, 6 withdrew
1 parents, confide, 2 believe, misery, proves, 3 extensive, settlement, 4 furnished, luxuriously 5 envious, study, 6 prospective, enthusiasm, 7 heat, humidity, 8 tropic (al), warmth, humidity, 9 playwright, 10 expanded, oversea (s), circumnavigate
1 restored, 2 gothic, 3 demolished, 4 extensive 5 accommodation, 6 expect, 7 panel (l) ed, 8 overlook
1 educated, 2 legal, 3 qualified, 4 tutors, 5 formal
1 chiefly, 2 scientific, 3 induction, 4 collection, 5 adopted, 6 research, 7 application, 8 foundation
1 moderation, 2 harmful, 3 accessibility, 4 desirable, 5 deeply
Надеюсь, эти упражнения на словообразование помогут Вам в изучении этого непростого раздела английского языка. Word building exercises are very useful!
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
Словообразование в английском языке. Задания для ЕГЭ
Как известно, Задания 26 – 31 на ЕГЭ – это упражнения на словообразование. Как показывает практика, очень многие считают эти задания едва ли не самыми сложными во всем ЕГЭ по английскому языку. Однако, за каждый из 6 правильных ответов вы можете получить 1 балл, а 6 баллов – это не мало, согласитесь. Поэтому сегодня мы решили обратить внимание именно на словообразование в ЕГЭ и подготовили для вас упражнения для подготовки.
Также в конце статьи вы найдете несколько полезных советов для подготовки к этой части ЕГЭ.
ВАЖНО: на сайте также есть материал, призванный помочь в подготовке к устной части ЕГЭ.
Упражнения для подготовки к ЕГЭ (словообразование).
Вы получите балл за каждый правильный ответ.
УПРАЖНЕНИЕ 1. Образуйте подходящее по смыслу однокоренное слово.
White Monuments of Vladimir and Suzdal
The Kiev Prince Vladimir Monomach founded the ancient city of Vladimir in 1108 by. The city contains an important group of monuments. The Cathedral of the Assumption was intended to be the (1) ______________ center of all Russia.
It was built in the town Kremlin as a single-domed structure with the faсade (2) __________ for its carved reliefs.
Most of the 12th-century frescoes were destroyed by Mongols, but new mural (3) ____________ were added in 1408 by Andrei Rublev and Daniil Chemii, in particular the famous Last Judgment.
Suzdal, which lies some 25 km north of Vladimir, was the site of a (4) ____________ in the 9th and 10th centuries, which became a fortress. A posad, which was housing craftsmen and shopkeepers, developed around it.
Within, dominating the whole town stands the Cathedral of the Nativity with
its five-domed top and Golden Doors. The interior (5) ________________ is important in Russian art.
The buildings in Vladimir and Suzdal have been the center of (6) _____________ tourism for several decades and a good deal of restoration has been carried out.
УПРАЖНЕНИЕ 2. Образуйте подходящее по смыслу однокоренное слово.
Transport in Bangkok
Bangkok is known as the “Venice of the East”. Today, many of the canals have been filled in and paved over to make room for roads, but a massive network of waterways still crosses the city. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Bangkok experienced (1) ____________ influence.
As a result, the city (2) ____________ shifted to a road-based transport system.
Over the last decade, Bangkok has evolved from a humid riverside city into a modern, rapidly growing Asian (3) ___________ center. Business travelers will appreciate the city’s growth in public transportation and its world-class airport
The Suvamabhumi Airport, which is located 25km east of the city center, contributed greatly to Bangkok’s (4) _____________.
A modern, convenient elevated rail link connects the airport to the city in 30 minutes, helping (5) ________ avoid traffic jams.
The city’s modern public transportation system is a (6) __________ of sky trains and underground subways. It has transformed the bustling city center into a futuristic district of street-level roads, elevated roads and sky trains.
УПРАЖНЕНИЕ 3. Образуйте подходящее по смыслу однокоренное слово.
The development of cyber communication — email, text messaging, and social networking — has revolutionized the way we communicate. Quick and ______________ communication via the Internet has proved essential to
national governments, and to the individual.
Now, we can send and receive important messages, communicate and clarify statements ____________ within seconds.
Cyber communication is very important in _______________
On a more individual level, cyber communication has transformed the method in which people communicate. In particular, social networking sites have provided access to people in every corner of the globe and their ______________ is growing.
This has helped old friends living far apart to maintain a close ______________
For many people, not just teens, social networking has become an alternative to __________ forms of communication — writing a letter, a face-to-face conversation, or a phone call.
УПРАЖНЕНИЕ 4. Образуйте подходящее по смыслу однокоренное слово.
The history of paper
Writing has been the center of civilization for centuries. Most of our important records are on paper. In fact, putting thoughts down in written form wasn’t always easy or ______________
Early people discovered that they could make simple ___________ the walls of caves.
__________________ , they couldn’t transport it.
Around 4000 B.C., people started scratching messages into heavy clay tablets.
Although this form of written _____________ was now portable, it still
For centuries, people tried to discover better surfaces on which to record their
thoughts. Almost everything _______________ was tried. Wood, stone,
ceramics, cloth, bark, metal, silk, bamboo, and tree leaves were all used as a writing surface at one time or another.
No major changes in writing materials were to come for about 3,000 years. A Chinese man named Ts’ai Lun Ts’ai Lun, discovered a way to make paper. The importance of this _____________ is hard to overestimate.
УПРАЖНЕНИЕ 5. Образуйте подходящее по смыслу однокоренное слово.
History of fashion.
Different events in history influence how people dressed during those times. For example, during World War II people used the minimum amount of clothing materials to make simple outfits. They were ________ enough for wartime duties.
The profession of _________________ was not popular at the time.
Sometimes social and political changes affect how people dress. For instance, in the 1980s the idea was that you could become as_________ as you believed yourself to be. Therefore, many people “dressed for success”. Many men and women wore suits that would help them move up the career ladder.
Present-day fashion for men is still ____________ . Usually a dark-colored suit is worn with a white shirt and a tie.
Some fashions are classic, meaning that they never go out of style. However, other clothing items are______________ for a short season only.
Sometimes the ____________ of a particular outfit depends upon one person — a film star or a pop-singer.
УПРАЖНЕНИЕ 6. Образуйте подходящее по смыслу однокоренное слово.
Russia at the 2012 London Olympics
There are different opinions as to the results of the Russian team at the London Olympics. In medal-winning terms, Russia’s 2012 ____________ is better than that at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, improving from 23 gold medals to 24 and up from a total of 73 medals to 82.
But the British were more _________ with 29 gold medals, moving Russia into the fourth place.
The reaction in Russia during the first days of the Olympics was largely __________, but then changed as more and more medals were won.
Yet, we have to admit that in some ways our sportsmen were _____________. For example, there were no gold medals in weightlifting this time, though we usually had had a number of them at the Olympics.
Alexander Zhukov, president of the Russian Olympic Committee, explains China’s success in the following way: “They have actually copied the Soviet system of children’s _______________.
He adds: «It is rather difficult for us to return to the Soviet system now and, besides, I doubt whether it is ______________ in this day and age»
УПРАЖНЕНИЕ 7. Образуйте подходящее по смыслу однокоренное слово.
Poetry is a language used to form patterns of sound and thought into work of art. Good poems often seem to suggest more than they say, and complete understanding of the poem often depends upon the sensitivity and ____________ of the reader.
Reading poetry in English can be especially ______________ to speakers of other languages because it requires them to think in English.
It also requires them to consider the subtle __________ and connotations of words.
To understand the poem is to understand its images. An image is a detailed ___________ that appeals to the senses.
It is like a picture drawn with words and like words, it can have ______ meanings.
These images often do more than describe a scene or experience — they try to create an experience for the reader. Poems speak to us in many ways. Poems say to us something that cannot be _________ expressed in any direct or literal way.
Ответы к упражнениям для подготовки к ЕГЭ.
Religious, remarkable, paintings, settlement, decoration, cultural
European, slowly, commercial, development, visitors, combination
Successful, practically, business, popularity, relationship, traditional
Practical, drawings, unfortunately, communication, imaginable, invention
Practically, designer, successful, conservative, fashionable, popularity
Performance, successful, negative, unlucky, training, reasonable
Imagination, helpful, meanings, description, various, fully
Советы по подготовке к ЕГЭ – словообразование.
Выполняя задания на словообразование в ЕГЭ, ученик фактически сталкивается с двумя проблемами:
- Необходимо образовать однокоренное слово
- Необходимо поставить получившееся слова в нужную по контексту грамматическую форму.
Например, если в результате словообразования получается существительное, то необходимо проверить, нет ли необходимости поставить его в форму множественного числа, если глагол – нужно подумать, не нужно ли окончание -s или -ed.
Поэтому, всякий раз, вставляя существительное или глагол, подумайте о форме.
ВАЖНО: очень часто готовясь к словообразованию в ЕГЭ, ученики забывают повторить отрицательные приставки, однако, подобные задания очень часто встречаются, а потому мы рекомендуем вам также следующую статью:
При работе с экзаменационным заданием вначале определите часть речи исходного слова и необходимую часть речи для пропуска. Сделать это можно в опоре на знание словообразовательных элементов и базовой лексики в принципе, с одной стороны, и знание простейшего синтаксиса английского предложения, с другой стороны. Так, например, в позиции между артиклем и существительным может находиться прилагательное.
Если исходное слово и пропущенное слово принадлежат к одной и той же части речи, что является частым случаем для имени прилагательного, учащимся следует подбирать соответствующую отрицательную приставку.
За каждый правильный ответ экзаменуемый получает один балл, т.е. максимум за полностью верное выполнение заданий на контроль лексико-грамматических (словообразовательных) навыков составляет 6 баллов.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
3 Комментариев для «Словообразование в английском языке. Задания для ЕГЭ»