Упражнения на тему The Past Perfect Tense
Упражнения на отработку Past Perfect – прекрасная возможность закрепить правила употребления этого непростого времени. Кстати, правила Past Perfect также доступны на сайте. А мы займемся упражнениями. Past Perfect упражнения предлагаются с ответами, поэтому вы сможете без труда убедится в своих успехах или, если нужно, еще раз обратится к статье по теории The Past Perfect Tense. В некоторых упражнениях возможны различные варианты ответов, поэтому для них я буду давать примерные варианты.
Упражнения разбиты на 2 уровня: уровень A несколько проще, уровень B– немного сложнее.
Past Perfect упражнения уровня A.
Упражнение 1. Complete the sentences using the Past Perfect tense of the verbs below. (Дополните предложения, используя форму Past Perfect глаголов, приведенных ниже.)
— I went to bed after I had learnt the poem.
to have dinner, to do homework, to come , to read the book, to clean the room, to go shopping, to return from Australia, to finish work
- I went to see my friend after.
- I watched TV after.
- They went home after.
- He phoned me after.
- She went to dance after.
- We wrote a composition after.
- They rebuilt the house after.
- We went for a walk after.
Упражнение 2. Insert the verbs in the Past Perfect tense. (Вставьте глаголы в Past Perfect.)
- I . (to have) breakfast before I went to school.
- He went to meet his friends after he . (to do) his homework.
- By 8 o’clock the rain . (to stop).
- Alice was late because she . (to miss) the bus.
- She went to the post-office after she . (to write) the letter.
- He . (to work) at the factory before he entered the college.
- He got a bad mark for his test because he . (to make) a lot of mistakes in it.
- I went to bed after I . (to finish) reading the book.
- The child . (to fall) asleep before the parents came home.
- They . (to marry) before they bought this house.
Упражнение 3 . Use Past Perfect of the verbs in the box to complete the sentences. (Используйте Past Perfect предложенных глаголов, чтобы дополнить предложения.)
to leave, to go, to die, to see, to live, to fly
- I didn’t read the text in class because I … my book at home.
- The children didn’t want to go to the cinema because they . already . the film.
- Kate wasn’t at home last week because she . to visit her uncle.
- Linda never knew her father because he . before she was born.
- I was excited when the plane took off because I. never . before.
- My grandfather was always afraid of animals because he . never . in the country.
Упражнение 4. Insert the verbs in the Past Perfect tense. (Вставьте глаголы в PastPerfect.)
1. Jill was afraid she _____ (forget) her key at home, but she found it in her handbag.
2. Dad wasn’t at home when I came back. He _____ (go) out twenty minutes before.
3. I wasn’t hungry because I_____ (just/have) breakfast.
4. Peter saw an urgent message on his table. Somebody _____ (leave) it the day before.
5. I apologized I _____ (not/phone) her.
6. He told me that he _____ (come back) a fortnight before.
7. I knew him at once though I _____ (meet) him many years before.
8. We spent the night in Klin, a town we _____ (often/hear of) but_____ (never/see).
9. They couldn’t believe he _____ (give up) his job in the bank. He _____ (make) a good living there.
10. Mr. Jackson said that he _____ ( already/buy) everything for lunch.
11. Alice asked her brother where he _____ (arrange) to meet his friends.
12. We had no car at that time because we _____ (sell) our old one.
13. They _____ (finish) painting the ceiling by two o’clock.
Past Perfect упражнения уровня B.
Упражнение 5. Say what action was done before. Combine the two sentences into one. (Oпределите, какое действие произошло раньше. Объедините два предложения в одно, не меняя части местами. Используйте BEFORE )
I sent a telegram. Then I met my friend.
— I had sent a telegram before I met my friend.
- The rain stopped. I went for a walk.
- I did my homework. My mother returned home.
- We met in the street. We went to the park.
- They packed their things. Then they started.
- I had dinner. I switched on the TV set.
- He returned home. The guests left.
- We came to the cinema. The film began.
- I read the book. I saw the play. .
- They lived here. They moved to another place.
- We played а game of tennis. We went to my place
Упражнение 6. Connect each pair of sentences with the conjunctions before, as soon as, after. (Объедините два предложения в одно, используя before, as soon as, after.)
They had lived in the country. They moved to the city.
— They had lived in the country before they moved to the city.
- He had finished school. He went to a camp.
- She had phoned her friend. She went to meet her.
- I read the book. I had seen the film.
- I had cleaned my room. I invited my friends home.
- He entered the university. He had finished school.
- Не told me about his impressions. He had returned from his journey.
- He was unhappy. He had got bad news.
- I had finished the text. I handed in my exercise-book.
Упражнение 7. Complete the sentences using Past Perfect. (Дополните предложения, используя Past Perfect ).
I watched a new film after…
I went for a walk after.
I fell asleep after.
I began to read a book after.
I helped my mother about the house after.
Упражнение 1. Примерные ответы:
- I went to see my friend after I had done my homework.
- I watched TV after I had come.
- They went home after they had finished work.
- He phoned me after he had cleaned the room.
- She went to dance after she had had dinner
- We wrote a composition after he had read the book.
- They rebuilt the house after they had come from Australia.
- We went for a walk after he had gone shopping.
1 had had, 2 had done, 3 had stopped, 4 had missed, 5 had written, 6 had worked, 7 had made, 8 had finished, 9 had fallen, 10 had married
1 had left, 2 had already seen. 3 had gone, 4 had died, 5 had never flown, 6 had never lived
1 had forgotten, 2 had gone, 3 had just had, 4 had left, 5 had not phoned, 6 had come back, 7 had met, 8 had often heard/ had never seen, 9 had given up/ had made, 10 had already bought, 11 had arranged, 12 had sold, 13 had finished
Упражнение 5. Примерные ответы:
- The rain had stopped before I went for a walk.
- I had done my homework before my mother returned home.
- We had met in the street before we went to the park.
- They had packed their things before they started.
- I had had dinner before I switched on the TV set.
- Before he returned home the guests had left.
- Before we came to the cinema the film had begun.
- I had read the book before I saw the play. .
- They had lived here before they moved to another place.
- We had played а game of tennis before we went to my place
Упражнение 6. Примерные ответы:
- After he had finished school, he went to a camp.
- As soon as she had phoned her friend, she went to meet her.
- I read the book after I had seen the film.
- I had cleaned my room before I invited my friends home.
- He entered the university after he had finished school.
- Не told me about his impressions after he had returned from his journey.
- He was unhappy after he had got bad news.
- After I had finished the text, I handed in my exercise-book.
Надеюсь, упражнения на Past Perfect пришлись вам по вкусу и оказались по плечу!
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
4 Комментариев для «Упражнения на тему The Past Perfect Tense»
В 1 упражнении в 7 предложении в самом упражнении указана фраза to return from Australia, а в ответах указана фраза had come from Australia, почему return поменяли на come?
Ольга, случайно. had returned
Скажите, можно ли в 5 упр. под цифрой 6 : The guests had left before he returned home.
и под цифрой 7: We had come to the cinema before the film began. И если нет, то почему?
Past Tenses. Упражнения на прошедшие времена (advanced)
Выполните упражнения на все прошедшие времена в английском языке, а именно Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect. Упражнения взяты из сборника упражнений Ю. Голицынский, частично изменены и дополнены.
Past Tenses Revision(Повторение времен группы Past)
A. Сопоставьте время глагола Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect и характер действия:
- действие происходило давно и не связано с настоящим
- действие, которое происходило в какой-то момент в прошлом (процесс)
- последовательность действий в прошлом
- действие, которое уже закончено к определенному моменту в прошлом
В. Подберите примеры:
- Дети занимались английским с 16.00 до 18.00.
- Она приготовила ужин к времени его прихода.
- В детстве я любил играть в солдатики (tin soldires).
- Мы пошли на рыбалку, поймали много рыбы, затем приготовили уху и съели ее.
С. Переведите примеры.
Упражнения на прошедшие времена в английском языке Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect в сравнении
Упражнение вводное. Сопоставьте время глагола и временное выражение.
then, when? (вопрос), when he came, when (в значении after) he came, before he came, from 2 till 3, at 5 o`clock yesterday, by the time he came, yesterday, last night/ year, a week/month ago, in 1999, the other day, while, all day/ night/ morning, after, etc.
Past Simple: ___________________
Past Continuous: ____________________
Past Perfect: ___________________
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. By two o’clock the teacher (to examine) all the students.
2. On my way to school I (to remember) that I (to leave) my report at home.
3. All my friends (to be) glad to hear that I (to pass) all the exams successfully.
4. Poor boy (to open) his eyes, (to look) around and (to try) to remember what (to happen) to him.
5. All the passengers (to see) at once that the old man (to travel) a lot in his life.
6. By the time we (to come) to see him, he (to leave) home.
7. During the holidays my friend (to visit) the village where he (to live) in his childhood.
8. When they (to enter) the hall, the performance already (to begin).
9. When I (to come) home, my mother (to go) shopping.
10. He (to study) French before he (to enter) the university.
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. I (to think) he already (to go) home.
2. I (not to see) him after we (to meet )at the concert.
3. He (to leave) the house before I (to have ) time to ask him anything.
4. After he (to spend) some days in Paris he (to feel) lonely and (to want) to return home.
5. He (to speak) a language we never (to hear) before.
6. When the rain (to stop), I (to look ) out of the window.
7. The telegram (to come) some minutes after he (to leave).
8. She (to think) that Tom and Lanny (to quarrel).
9. The girl (to be) glad that she (to find) a seat near the window.
10. He (to remember) that he (not to ring) her up in the morning.
11. By the time the train (to reach) the city, he (to make) friends with many passengers.
12. When my uncle (to leave), he (to hurry) to the station to book a ticket.
Сравните употребление Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect.
1. By eight o’clock yesterday I (to finish) my work and at eight I (to play) the piano.
2. By six o’clock father (to come) home and at six he (to have) dinner.
3. By nine o’clock yesterday grandmother (to wash) the dishes and at nine she (to watch) TV.
4. When I (to meet) Tom, he (to eat) an ice-cream which he (to buy) at the corner of the street.
5. When father (to come) home, we (to cook) the mushrooms which we (to gather) in the wood.
6. When I (to see) Ann, she (to look) at the flowers which she (to pick) in the field.
7. When I (to come) home yesterday, I (to see) that my little brother (to break) my pen and (to play) with its pieces.
8. When I (to open) the door of the classroom, I (to see) that the teacher already (to come) and a student (to write) a test.
9. When I (to come) home my sister (to read) a book which she (to bring) from the library.
10. When mother (to come) home, the children (to eat) the soup which she (to cook) in the morning.
11. When I (to ring) up Mike, he still (to learn) the poem which he (to begin) learning at school.
12. When I (to look) out of the window, the children (to play) with a ball which Pete (to bring) from home.
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
Last night we (to go) to a football match. We (to take) a bus. The bus (to be) overcrowded as many people (to want) to see the match. We (to get) off the bus and (to go) in the direction of the stadium. While we (to cross) the road, I (to see) Victor. He (to stand) at the corner. He said he (to wait) for his friend who (to come) to St. Petersburg the day before and (to wish) to see the new stadium. A man (to come) up to me and asked if I (to have) a spare ticket for the match. Victor told us that two boys just (to ask) him whether he (to have) a spare ticket. We (to enter) the stadium just as the football players (to come) out on to the field. At the entrance to the stadium we (to meet) Sergei. He (to show) us to our seats and (to ask) me if I (to play) football in my childhood. We (to agree) to meet in the snack bar during the interval.
Упражнение 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
1. There (to be) two men in the room. One of them (to write) something while the other (to read) a newspaper.
2. He (not to tell) me that he (to receive) a telegram from her.
3. She (to say) that he (to give) her the wrong address.
5. I (to ask) him where he (to put) my hat.
6. He (to tell) us that they (to spend) all the money.
7. I (to sit) in an armchair and (to think) of my coming trip across the North Sea when the door suddenly (to open) and an old friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a very long time (to enter) the room.
8. She (to come) to see us just at the time when we (to have) dinner. It (to be) the first time I (to see) her.
9. I (to see) him when he (to leave) the hotel.
10. He (to leave) the house before I (to have) time to ask him anything.
11. I (to find) the old man in the garden. He (to talk) to some children who (to stand) around listening to him.
12. He (to tell) me that he (to learn) it from the newspaper.
13. He (to enter) the room, (to take) something from the desk and (to go) out.
Ответы доступны только для пользователей, оплативших подписку «ОТВЕТЫ».