Упражнения Past Simple и Past Continuous с ответами
Сегодняшний материал посвящен отработке двух прошедших времен – Past Simple и Past Continuous.
Если Вы забыли, что это за времена, повторить можно здесь:
На сайте также есть упражнения отдельно по каждому из данных времен:
Готовы? Давайте приступать.
Past Simple vs. Past Continuous Exercises.
Упражнение 1. Choose the correct verb form (Past Simple or Past Continuous) to complete the sentences.
- The film was rubbish, so we left / were leaving the cinema and went / were going to the cybercafé.
- I didn’t like / wasn’t liking the program we watched / were watching, so I turned / was turning off the TV.
- Dave rang / was ringing me while I did / was doing my homework.
- As I fell / was falling asleep, I heard/was hearing a strange noise.
- I dropped / was dropping my keys while I ran / was running for the bus.
- The competition judges didn’t know / weren’t knowing whose food they tasted / were tasting.
Упражнение 2. Complete the email with the Past Simple or Past Continuous of these verbs. You will need to use some verbs more than once.
Decide / get / give / go / happen / not hurt / play / try / want
Last weekend Ben and I visited that new leisure center that everyone is talking about. We 1) ___________ to the ice-skating rink first. Ben slipped a few times while he 2) ___________ to do acrobatic tricks, but luckily he 3) ___________ himself. After that, we went to the main hall to see what 4) __________ there. On one side of the hall a rock band 5) __________ while on the other side some skateboarders 6) ____________ a display. The Skateboarders were fantastic so we 7) ___________ to stay and watch them.
After the exhibition, we both 8) __________ to go to the shops inside the center. But it was nearly rush hour and the shops 9) ___________ really crowded so we 10) ____________ to the multiplex cinema to see The Illusionist. What a fantastic film!
Упражнение 3. Match the beginnings (1-7) with the endings (a-g). Then complete the sentences with the past simple or past continuous of the verbs in brackets.
1. He ___________ (climb) down the side of a building
2. The sun _________ (shine) brightly
3. The hot water tank _________ (explode)
4. When we _________ (get) to the concert
5. I _________ (not know) that my friends
6. While you _________ (lie) on the beach
7. Last year, Simon _________ (give up) painting
a) while I __________ (have) a shower.
b) the band ___________ (play) my favourite song.
c) when suddenly the rope _________ (break).
d) and __________ (take up) sculpture instead.
e) ___________ (prepare) a surprise party for me.
f) when I __________ (get up) this morning.
g) we ___________ (study) for our exams!
Упражнение 4. Вставьте Past Simple или Past Continuous
- An amazing display of traditional-style canoes ____ last week in Portland (to begin).
- Last month, we ________ the most amazing opportunity to head down to Nashville (to have).
- These ladies__________ an apartment when they ____ both _______ English in Jakarta, Indonesia (to share, to teach).
- Last year we________ too tired even to make quality home design (to be).
- While the tourists __________ at the beach, animators __________ coffee in the bar (to dance, to have).
- Last time there ________ a snowfall in November in 2016 (to be).
- A Qatari sheikh ________ more than £1billion on his art collection last year (to spend).
- The hot-blooded and furious Tybalt ________ a grudge against Romeo (to bear).
- While we __________ to a dive site we __________ the advantages of Utila, the smallest and most unspoiled of the Bay Islands of Honduras (to boat, to discuss).
- In the late 1600s, the British ________ all non-English ships from trading with colonies (to forbid).
- We ________ busy building our new country house that year (to be).
- Our friend’s dog __________ us as we__________ around the neighborhood (to follow, to walk).
- The student __________ up the escalator while it __________ (to run, to move).
Ответы к упражнениям.
1 — Left / went, 2 — didn’t like / were watching / turned, 3 – rang / was doing, 4 — was falling / heard, 5-dropped / was running, 6 — didn’t know / were tasting
Exercise 2. 1.went 2.was trying 3.didn’t hurt 4.was happening 5.was playing 6.were giving 7.decided 8.wanted 9.were getting 10.went
1C — was climbing, broke
2G — was shining, got up
3A — exploded, was having
4B – got, was/were playing
5E – didn’t know, were preparing
6G – were lying, were studying
7D – gave up, took up
1 began, 2 had, 3 were sharing / were teaching, 4 were, 5 were dancing / were having, 6 was, 7 spent, 8 bore, 9 were boating / were discussing, 10 forbade, 11 were, 12 was following /were walking, 13 was running / was moving
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
3 Комментариев для «Упражнения Past Simple и Past Continuous с ответами»
Добрый день. Наверное в 13-м предложении правильно будет сказать was running & was moving?
А почему в Упражнении 4. 1. An amazing display of traditional-style canoes ____ last week in Portland (to open).
Past Tenses. Упражнения на прошедшие времена (advanced)
Выполните упражнения на все прошедшие времена в английском языке, а именно Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect. Упражнения взяты из сборника упражнений Ю. Голицынский, частично изменены и дополнены.
Past Tenses Revision(Повторение времен группы Past)
A. Сопоставьте время глагола Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect и характер действия:
- действие происходило давно и не связано с настоящим
- действие, которое происходило в какой-то момент в прошлом (процесс)
- последовательность действий в прошлом
- действие, которое уже закончено к определенному моменту в прошлом
В. Подберите примеры:
- Дети занимались английским с 16.00 до 18.00.
- Она приготовила ужин к времени его прихода.
- В детстве я любил играть в солдатики (tin soldires).
- Мы пошли на рыбалку, поймали много рыбы, затем приготовили уху и съели ее.
С. Переведите примеры.
Упражнения на прошедшие времена в английском языке Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect в сравнении
Упражнение вводное. Сопоставьте время глагола и временное выражение.
then, when? (вопрос), when he came, when (в значении after) he came, before he came, from 2 till 3, at 5 o`clock yesterday, by the time he came, yesterday, last night/ year, a week/month ago, in 1999, the other day, while, all day/ night/ morning, after, etc.
Past Simple: ___________________
Past Continuous: ____________________
Past Perfect: ___________________
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. By two o’clock the teacher (to examine) all the students.
2. On my way to school I (to remember) that I (to leave) my report at home.
3. All my friends (to be) glad to hear that I (to pass) all the exams successfully.
4. Poor boy (to open) his eyes, (to look) around and (to try) to remember what (to happen) to him.
5. All the passengers (to see) at once that the old man (to travel) a lot in his life.
6. By the time we (to come) to see him, he (to leave) home.
7. During the holidays my friend (to visit) the village where he (to live) in his childhood.
8. When they (to enter) the hall, the performance already (to begin).
9. When I (to come) home, my mother (to go) shopping.
10. He (to study) French before he (to enter) the university.
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. I (to think) he already (to go) home.
2. I (not to see) him after we (to meet )at the concert.
3. He (to leave) the house before I (to have ) time to ask him anything.
4. After he (to spend) some days in Paris he (to feel) lonely and (to want) to return home.
5. He (to speak) a language we never (to hear) before.
6. When the rain (to stop), I (to look ) out of the window.
7. The telegram (to come) some minutes after he (to leave).
8. She (to think) that Tom and Lanny (to quarrel).
9. The girl (to be) glad that she (to find) a seat near the window.
10. He (to remember) that he (not to ring) her up in the morning.
11. By the time the train (to reach) the city, he (to make) friends with many passengers.
12. When my uncle (to leave), he (to hurry) to the station to book a ticket.
Сравните употребление Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect.
1. By eight o’clock yesterday I (to finish) my work and at eight I (to play) the piano.
2. By six o’clock father (to come) home and at six he (to have) dinner.
3. By nine o’clock yesterday grandmother (to wash) the dishes and at nine she (to watch) TV.
4. When I (to meet) Tom, he (to eat) an ice-cream which he (to buy) at the corner of the street.
5. When father (to come) home, we (to cook) the mushrooms which we (to gather) in the wood.
6. When I (to see) Ann, she (to look) at the flowers which she (to pick) in the field.
7. When I (to come) home yesterday, I (to see) that my little brother (to break) my pen and (to play) with its pieces.
8. When I (to open) the door of the classroom, I (to see) that the teacher already (to come) and a student (to write) a test.
9. When I (to come) home my sister (to read) a book which she (to bring) from the library.
10. When mother (to come) home, the children (to eat) the soup which she (to cook) in the morning.
11. When I (to ring) up Mike, he still (to learn) the poem which he (to begin) learning at school.
12. When I (to look) out of the window, the children (to play) with a ball which Pete (to bring) from home.
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
Last night we (to go) to a football match. We (to take) a bus. The bus (to be) overcrowded as many people (to want) to see the match. We (to get) off the bus and (to go) in the direction of the stadium. While we (to cross) the road, I (to see) Victor. He (to stand) at the corner. He said he (to wait) for his friend who (to come) to St. Petersburg the day before and (to wish) to see the new stadium. A man (to come) up to me and asked if I (to have) a spare ticket for the match. Victor told us that two boys just (to ask) him whether he (to have) a spare ticket. We (to enter) the stadium just as the football players (to come) out on to the field. At the entrance to the stadium we (to meet) Sergei. He (to show) us to our seats and (to ask) me if I (to play) football in my childhood. We (to agree) to meet in the snack bar during the interval.
Упражнение 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
1. There (to be) two men in the room. One of them (to write) something while the other (to read) a newspaper.
2. He (not to tell) me that he (to receive) a telegram from her.
3. She (to say) that he (to give) her the wrong address.
5. I (to ask) him where he (to put) my hat.
6. He (to tell) us that they (to spend) all the money.
7. I (to sit) in an armchair and (to think) of my coming trip across the North Sea when the door suddenly (to open) and an old friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a very long time (to enter) the room.
8. She (to come) to see us just at the time when we (to have) dinner. It (to be) the first time I (to see) her.
9. I (to see) him when he (to leave) the hotel.
10. He (to leave) the house before I (to have) time to ask him anything.
11. I (to find) the old man in the garden. He (to talk) to some children who (to stand) around listening to him.
12. He (to tell) me that he (to learn) it from the newspaper.
13. He (to enter) the room, (to take) something from the desk and (to go) out.
Ответы доступны только для пользователей, оплативших подписку «ОТВЕТЫ».
Past Simple VS Past Continuous. Упражнения (уровень 2- intermediate)
В этом уроке вы найдете упражнения на Past continuous и Past Simple. Эти английские времена часто путают, так как их использование в предложении часто НЕ зависит от его перевода, а подчиняется определенным схемам. Вы изучили эти схемы в уроке The Past Continuous Tense. Случаи употребления в английском языке.
Past Simple VS Past Continuous. Упражнения. Уровень 2 (intermediate)
Перед тем, как начинать выполнять упражнения на сравнение Past Simple и Past Continuous, давайте вспомним, как составлять отрицательные и вопросительные упражнения в этих временах. ОТВЕТЫ вы найдете в конце урока.
Упражнение 1. Определите время глагола в предложениях ниже и сделайте данные предложения отрицательными.
- I was at home.
- We were at the lesson.
- We were learning English.
- You were eating lunch.
- You ate a sandwich for lunch.
- It was raining hard.
- It rained cats and dogs.
Упражнение 2. Определите время глагола в предложениях ниже и сделайте данные предложения вопросительными.
- She was in New York.
- She visited her friends in New York.
- He was speaking to John.
- He spoke to John about his work.
- They were in the office.
- They were working in the office.
- They finished the work.
- from … till — с … до…
- all day – весь день
- the whole evening – целый вечер
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
- I (to go) to the cinema yesterday.
- I (to go) to the cinema at four o’clock yesterday.
- They (to go) to the cinema when they met me.
- She (to learn) words the whole evening yesterday.
- She (to learn) words when mother came home.
- He (to work) in the garden yesterday.
- He (to work) in the garden from five till eight yesterday.
- My sister is fond of reading. She (to read) the whole evening yesterday.
- The children (to do) their lessons at six o’clock yesterday.
- I (not to play) the piano yesterday. I (to write) a letter to my friend.
- I (not to play) the piano at four o’clock yesterday. I (to read) a book.
- He (not to sleep) when father came home. He (to do) his homework.
- When I (to go) to school the day before yesterday, I met Mike and Pete. They (to talk) and (to eat) an ice-cream.
- The baby (to sleep) the whole evening yesterday. She (feel) bad.
- What your father (to do) from eight till nine yesterday?
- Why she (to cry) when I saw her yesterday?
Упражнение 4. Заполните пропуски в диалоге, используя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
Ann: How ____ your holiday at the seaside?
Ben: Oh, it ____ wonderful, thank you! We ____ a great fun!
Ann: What (you / do)______________there?
Ben: In the mornings, while my parents still (have breakfast) _______, I (play) _____ tennis with my friend Harry. After that, at about 10 o’clock we (swim) _____ in the sea and (play)______ football on the beach.
Ann: Yes, that sounds good! And what (you / do)______ in the afternoons after your lunch?
Ben: After lunch (we / go)______ on some interesting excursions around the place where (we / stay) _______ that week. In the evenings after dinner (we /watch)_______ films on TV or (we / play) ______ chess with my Dad.
Ann: I see, and what (you / do)_______ between 5 pm and dinner time?
Ben: Well, when the weather was nice and warm, my friend and I (have fun)_______ at the seaside. We (swim)________or (play)_________volleyball on the beach.
Ann: Fantastic! Next time I’ll go with you.
Упражнение 5. Переведите предложения на английский язык, используя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
- В то время, когда Катя путешествовала по Америке, она узнала, что известная поп-звезда выступает в Лос-Анджелесе.
- Я смотрел телевизор в то время, когда случилось это ужасное происшествие.
- Когда прозвенел звонок, ученики все еще писали сочинение.
- Что Вы делали вчера в пять часов вечера? — Вчера в пять часов вечера я ехал на машине и слушал радио.
- Ты видела Сергея и Михаила в воскресенье? — Да, когда я их видела, они играли в волейбол в парке. — Странно, они обычно играют в парке по субботам.
Упражнение 6. Заполните пропуски в диалоге, используя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
- ____ you _____ (to wait) for me at 5 p.m.? — Yes, I ____.
- They_____ (to finish) their work at 11 o’clock and then ______ (to come) home.
- It _____ (to get) dark, so we______(to decide) to return.
- While Jack _______ (to translate) the text, we______ (to work) on the project.
- A young man (to run) out into the street. He ______(to carry) a cat in his hands.
- What______you______(to do) when I ______(to phone) you yesterday?
- John______(to listen) to the radio when the batteries ______(to run) out.
- The robbers______(to steal) the car and they _____ (to drive) away.
- She______(to go) to buy a dress, but a thief _____ (to steal) all her money.
- She______ (to slip),______ (to fall) over and______ (to break) her leg.
- I ____ a light in your window as I ______ (to go) by.
- Yesterday while I ______ (to walk) down Cherry Lane, I ______ (to meet) my friend Thomas.
Упражнение 7. Заполните пропуски, используя while или when.
Союз while подчеркивает длительность и глагол после него ставится в Continuous, в то время как when подчеркивает факт, и глагол после него ставится в Simple.
СРАВНИТЕ While I was having a bath, the telephone rang. VS I was having a bath when the telephone rang.
1. I was waiting for the school bus … I saw Nathan. 2. My mum preparing dinner … telephone rang. 3. Paul and Mary finished their work … Granny was making tea. 4. The vase fell from the shelf, … I was watching TV. 5. I was driving along … a dog ran onto the road. 6. My sister was washing her hair … she was listening to the music.
Упражнение 8. Заполните пропуски глаголами в Past Continuous или Past Simple и переведите предложения.
- Peter (stay) at a seaside hotel on holiday when he (meet) his friend.
- While I (have) lunch the sun (come) out again.
- Who … you (talk to) on the telephone when I came?
- While Mary (read) the letter she (notice) many spelling mistakes.
- She (go) to bed when suddenly she (see) a mouse.
- We (sit) down to dinner when the doorbell (ring).
- Mary’s grandfather (hurt) his back while he (dig) in the vegetable garden yesterday.
- While he (sleep), the doctor (arrive).
- What … she (wear) when you (see) her at the party?
- What… she (want) when she (visit) you yesterday?
- Somebody (knock) on the front door while I (have) breakfast.
- How much money … you (spend) last Christmas?
- My father (give) me money and I (spend) it all in one day.
- Peter (not/feel) very well, so he (consult) his doctor.
- Where …you (live) at this time last year?
- Peter (not/look) at me as he (speak).
- When the ambulance (arrive), the patient (sleep) like a child.
- I (read) when he (call).
- They (wait) for the bus when I (see) them.
- What …you (do) when you (see) them?
Упражнение 9. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в нужной форме.
I ____ (meet) a man in a pub once and he _____ (tell) me this story. A friend of his______ (work) on his car one morning. This friend ______(have) a large dog. Before he _______ (start) work, he ________ (put) the dog in the car and _________ (close) the door. Well, he was under his car, ________ (work) busily, when suddenly he _________ (hear) a mechanical noise, and the car ________ (start) to move forward. He ________ (jump) up, but too late — the car ___________ (roll) slowly down the hill, and the dog __________ (sit) at the wheel as if it _________ (drive). Finally, it ________ (come) to rest in a neighbour’s garden.
Упражнение 10. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в нужной форме.
When I ____ (go) shopping, I _____ (see) my friend. I ___ (say) ‘Hello!’ and we____ (start) talking. While we _____ (talk), a car _____ (run into) a man on a bike. When we _______ (see) the accident, I ______ (phone) for an ambulance. While I _______ (wait) for the ambulance, a policeman _______ (arrive). He (ask) us some questions. The ambulance _______ (come), while I ________ (talk) to the policeman. The ambulance _______ (take) the man to hospital and we _______ (go) to a cafe for a cup of coffee. While we ______ (drink) our coffee, we _______ (discuss) about the accident.
ОТВЕТЫ Ответы доступны только для пользователей, оплативших подписку «ОТВЕТЫ».