Упражнения на тему The Past Perfect Tense
Упражнения на отработку Past Perfect – прекрасная возможность закрепить правила употребления этого непростого времени. Кстати, правила Past Perfect также доступны на сайте. А мы займемся упражнениями. Past Perfect упражнения предлагаются с ответами, поэтому вы сможете без труда убедится в своих успехах или, если нужно, еще раз обратится к статье по теории The Past Perfect Tense. В некоторых упражнениях возможны различные варианты ответов, поэтому для них я буду давать примерные варианты.
Упражнения разбиты на 2 уровня: уровень A несколько проще, уровень B– немного сложнее.
Past Perfect упражнения уровня A.
Упражнение 1. Complete the sentences using the Past Perfect tense of the verbs below. (Дополните предложения, используя форму Past Perfect глаголов, приведенных ниже.)
— I went to bed after I had learnt the poem.
to have dinner, to do homework, to come , to read the book, to clean the room, to go shopping, to return from Australia, to finish work
- I went to see my friend after.
- I watched TV after.
- They went home after.
- He phoned me after.
- She went to dance after.
- We wrote a composition after.
- They rebuilt the house after.
- We went for a walk after.
Упражнение 2. Insert the verbs in the Past Perfect tense. (Вставьте глаголы в Past Perfect.)
- I . (to have) breakfast before I went to school.
- He went to meet his friends after he . (to do) his homework.
- By 8 o’clock the rain . (to stop).
- Alice was late because she . (to miss) the bus.
- She went to the post-office after she . (to write) the letter.
- He . (to work) at the factory before he entered the college.
- He got a bad mark for his test because he . (to make) a lot of mistakes in it.
- I went to bed after I . (to finish) reading the book.
- The child . (to fall) asleep before the parents came home.
- They . (to marry) before they bought this house.
Упражнение 3 . Use Past Perfect of the verbs in the box to complete the sentences. (Используйте Past Perfect предложенных глаголов, чтобы дополнить предложения.)
to leave, to go, to die, to see, to live, to fly
- I didn’t read the text in class because I … my book at home.
- The children didn’t want to go to the cinema because they . already . the film.
- Kate wasn’t at home last week because she . to visit her uncle.
- Linda never knew her father because he . before she was born.
- I was excited when the plane took off because I. never . before.
- My grandfather was always afraid of animals because he . never . in the country.
Упражнение 4. Insert the verbs in the Past Perfect tense. (Вставьте глаголы в PastPerfect.)
1. Jill was afraid she _____ (forget) her key at home, but she found it in her handbag.
2. Dad wasn’t at home when I came back. He _____ (go) out twenty minutes before.
3. I wasn’t hungry because I_____ (just/have) breakfast.
4. Peter saw an urgent message on his table. Somebody _____ (leave) it the day before.
5. I apologized I _____ (not/phone) her.
6. He told me that he _____ (come back) a fortnight before.
7. I knew him at once though I _____ (meet) him many years before.
8. We spent the night in Klin, a town we _____ (often/hear of) but_____ (never/see).
9. They couldn’t believe he _____ (give up) his job in the bank. He _____ (make) a good living there.
10. Mr. Jackson said that he _____ ( already/buy) everything for lunch.
11. Alice asked her brother where he _____ (arrange) to meet his friends.
12. We had no car at that time because we _____ (sell) our old one.
13. They _____ (finish) painting the ceiling by two o’clock.
Past Perfect упражнения уровня B.
Упражнение 5. Say what action was done before. Combine the two sentences into one. (Oпределите, какое действие произошло раньше. Объедините два предложения в одно, не меняя части местами. Используйте BEFORE )
I sent a telegram. Then I met my friend.
— I had sent a telegram before I met my friend.
- The rain stopped. I went for a walk.
- I did my homework. My mother returned home.
- We met in the street. We went to the park.
- They packed their things. Then they started.
- I had dinner. I switched on the TV set.
- He returned home. The guests left.
- We came to the cinema. The film began.
- I read the book. I saw the play. .
- They lived here. They moved to another place.
- We played а game of tennis. We went to my place
Упражнение 6. Connect each pair of sentences with the conjunctions before, as soon as, after. (Объедините два предложения в одно, используя before, as soon as, after.)
They had lived in the country. They moved to the city.
— They had lived in the country before they moved to the city.
- He had finished school. He went to a camp.
- She had phoned her friend. She went to meet her.
- I read the book. I had seen the film.
- I had cleaned my room. I invited my friends home.
- He entered the university. He had finished school.
- Не told me about his impressions. He had returned from his journey.
- He was unhappy. He had got bad news.
- I had finished the text. I handed in my exercise-book.
Упражнение 7. Complete the sentences using Past Perfect. (Дополните предложения, используя Past Perfect ).
I watched a new film after…
I went for a walk after.
I fell asleep after.
I began to read a book after.
I helped my mother about the house after.
Упражнение 1. Примерные ответы:
- I went to see my friend after I had done my homework.
- I watched TV after I had come.
- They went home after they had finished work.
- He phoned me after he had cleaned the room.
- She went to dance after she had had dinner
- We wrote a composition after he had read the book.
- They rebuilt the house after they had come from Australia.
- We went for a walk after he had gone shopping.
1 had had, 2 had done, 3 had stopped, 4 had missed, 5 had written, 6 had worked, 7 had made, 8 had finished, 9 had fallen, 10 had married
1 had left, 2 had already seen. 3 had gone, 4 had died, 5 had never flown, 6 had never lived
1 had forgotten, 2 had gone, 3 had just had, 4 had left, 5 had not phoned, 6 had come back, 7 had met, 8 had often heard/ had never seen, 9 had given up/ had made, 10 had already bought, 11 had arranged, 12 had sold, 13 had finished
Упражнение 5. Примерные ответы:
- The rain had stopped before I went for a walk.
- I had done my homework before my mother returned home.
- We had met in the street before we went to the park.
- They had packed their things before they started.
- I had had dinner before I switched on the TV set.
- Before he returned home the guests had left.
- Before we came to the cinema the film had begun.
- I had read the book before I saw the play. .
- They had lived here before they moved to another place.
- We had played а game of tennis before we went to my place
Упражнение 6. Примерные ответы:
- After he had finished school, he went to a camp.
- As soon as she had phoned her friend, she went to meet her.
- I read the book after I had seen the film.
- I had cleaned my room before I invited my friends home.
- He entered the university after he had finished school.
- Не told me about his impressions after he had returned from his journey.
- He was unhappy after he had got bad news.
- After I had finished the text, I handed in my exercise-book.
Надеюсь, упражнения на Past Perfect пришлись вам по вкусу и оказались по плечу!
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
4 Комментариев для «Упражнения на тему The Past Perfect Tense»
В 1 упражнении в 7 предложении в самом упражнении указана фраза to return from Australia, а в ответах указана фраза had come from Australia, почему return поменяли на come?
Ольга, случайно. had returned
Скажите, можно ли в 5 упр. под цифрой 6 : The guests had left before he returned home.
и под цифрой 7: We had come to the cinema before the film began. И если нет, то почему?
Present Perfect Passive Exercises
Упражнения на пассивный залог во времени Present Perfect. Exercises with answers. Полезные разноплановые упражнения на страдательный залог помогут Вам разобраться в данной теме.
Упражнение 1. Read the texts and find the sentences with Present Perfect Active and Present Perfect Passive tense forms. Translate them into your language.
Nina has lived in Sydney for two years. She has done a lot of things in Sydney. She has seen several plays, she has gone to the picture galleries and museums. She has visited the circus as well, and she has taken a tour to the Islands on Port Jackson. However, there are a lot of planned things she hasn’t done yet. She hasn’t gone to the Australian Reptile Park yet. Nina hasn’t been to some other parks yet.
The boss is angry with his secretary today because important letters haven’t been typed yet. Tea has been given to him cold. Wrong telephone numbers have been written down. The mail hasn’t been sent in time. A lot of time has been spent over the telephone.
Упражнение 2. Change the sentences with Present Perfect Active into Present Perfect Passive.
I have already finished my work. My work .
— My work has already been finished.
- I have already taken the books back to the library. The books .
- She has just posted those letters. Those letters .
- The teacher has already checked my test. My test . —
- He has lost the key. The key .
- We have opened all the windows. All the windows . ‘
- I have bought bread on the way home. Bread .
- I have done this exercise. This exercise .
Упражнение 3. Imagine that your classroom and the school yard have been thoroughly cleaned. Say what has been done by whom.
— The windows have been washed by the girls.
- The desks . (to wash)
- The flowers . (to water)
- The floor . (to mop)
- The furniture . (to dust)
- The grass . (to cut)
- The trees . (to cut)
Упражнение 4. Answer the questions about your English lesson using Present Perfect Passive.
- Have you been asked to read a text?
- Has the text been translated?
- Have the new words been written down?
- Have the exercises been done by all the pupils?
- Has your friend been asked to recite something?
- Has large homework been given?
- Who has been given good (bad) marks?
- Have you been praised by the teacher?
Упражнение 5. Use Present Perfect Active or Passive of the verbs in brackets to complete the sentences.
- Peter . (to break) the window.
- The exercise . (to write) already.
- The text . (to translate) by Victor.
- The teacher just . (to explain) the new rule.
- We (to learn) the Passive Voice already.
- A new school . (to build) in this street.
Упражнение 6. Translate into English using Present Perfect Active or Passive.
- Я только что купил газету
- Телевизор только что выключили.
- Он уже ответил на вопрос
- Слова только что написали на доске
- Мы уже говорили об этом
- Все ответы уже даны.
- Об этом только что сказали по радио.
- Я уже смотрел этот фильм
- Мне ничего об этом не говорили
- Все предложения уже написаны.
All the sentences in text A are in Present Perfect Active.
All the sentences in text B are in Present Perfect Passive.
- The books have been already taken back to the library by me.
- Those letters have just been posted by her.
- My test has already been checked by the teacher.
- The key has been lost by him.
- All the windows have been opened by us.
- Bread has been bought by me on the way home.
- This exercise has been done by me.
- The desks have been washed by the pupils.
- The flowers have been watered by Molly.
- The floor has been mopped by the cleaners.
- The furniture has been dusted by the boys.
- The grass has been cut by the caretaker.
- The trees have been cut by the workmen.
Упражнение 4. Your own answers.
1 has broken, 2 has been already written, 3 has been translated, 4 has just explained, 5 have learnt, 6 has been built
- I have just bought the newspaper.
- The TV-set has just been switched off.
- Не has already answered this question.
- The words have just been written on the blackboard.
- We’ve already spoken about it.
- All the answers have already been given.
- This has been just said over the radio.
- I’ve already watched this film.
- I haven’t been told anything about it.
- All the sentences have already been written.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
10 Комментариев для «Present Perfect Passive Exercises»
Очень интересные задания. Спасибо. И самое главное — разнообразные.
Пожалуйста, я рада, что Вам понравилось.
Очень хорошие упражнения
а почему в 3 — м упражнении тут используется have :The windows have been washed by the girls.
а тут has: The furniture has been to dusted by the boys.
Потомучто Окно-это оно it -> has
а окна это они — they -> have
Поясните пожалуйста, почему в 3 задании в 4,5 предложениях добавляется «to».
5. 5. have already leart
Очень интересно. Но хотелось бы по сложнее чуть чтобы соответствовало уровню 11 класса! А так тест прекрасный!