Past Simple Passive Exercises with answers. Упражнения на пассивный залог
Предлагаю Вам выполнить следующие упражнения на Passive Voice. Сегодня мы отработаем простое прошедшее время в пассивном залоге. Все упражнения предлагаются с ответами. По сложности упражнения на пассивный залог расположены от наиболее простых – к сложным.
Easy exercises on Past Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1. Fill in the verb in the Past Active or Passive Voice.
- The Cape of Good Hope . (discovered / was discovered) by Bartolomeo Dias.
- The clown . (entertained / was entertained) the public.
- We . (arrived/ were arrived) at the camp in time.
- Many experiments . (did/ were done) under water.
- Many people . (invited / were invited) to the festival.
- They . (discussed / were discussed) many exciting things.
- I . (learnt / was learnt) many interesting things in this unit.
- What artist . (painted / was painted) this picture?
Past Simple Passive Voice. Exercises Level Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 2. Read the text. Put the verbs in brackets in Past Simple Passive. Guess the famous object.
This old building is in one of the countries of Europe. It’s not a natural object. It 1_______ (to make) by man a long time ago. Now it 2____________ (to see) as a tourist attraction. It’s a famous old building. It 3__________ (not to build) by the Romans. Galileo, the famous scientist, dropped heavy objects from this building to make his experiments. The upper floor 4 ___________ (to complete) in 1319. It 5_________ (to build) by Tommaso Pisano. The largest bell of the building 6 ____________ (to install) in 1655. The bell-chamber 7___________ (to add) in 1372.
Упражнение 3. Write down the historical facts. Use the dates from the box. Follow the example.
1067, 1870, 1607, 776 BC, 860, 1703, 1850
Example: Minsk (to found) — Minsk was founded in 1067.
- Minsk (to found).
- Ancient Troy (to find) by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann.
- The first English settlement (to found) in Virginia.
- The first Olympic Games (to hold) in Greece.
- Swedish Vikings (to invite) to rule Russia.
- St. Petersburg (to found) by Peter the Great.
- The first jeans (to make) by Oscar Levi Strauss
Упражнение 4. Write sentences. Use the past simple passive.
my laptop / steal / last week.
the men / arrest / by the police
the painting / sell / for £500
the goal / score / by Raul
these cars / make / by robots
Past Simple Passive Voice. Exercises Level Intermediate.
Упражнение 5. Write the sentences in the Passive Voice.
Olga sent me a postcard. (2)
— I was sent a postcard.
— A postcard was sent to me by Olga.
- I told him you were here.
- A boy showed me the way. (2)
- The waves carried the boat away.
- The Great Fire of London burnt many houses.
- The teachers told us something interesting.(2)
- Every morning I gave milk to my cat. (2)
- They sent us to clean the yard.
- They advised him to be more patient.
Упражнение 6. Rewrite the sentences in the passive form if possible. Use the example.
The Celts settled in Wales in 500 BC.
Wales was settled by the Celts in 500 .
- The Celts settled in Wales in 500 BC.
- The ancient Greeks built the Acropolis.
- A group of archaeologists found a dinosaur’s skeleton.
- I visited Rome in 2002.
- The aboriginals of Hawaii killed James Cook in 1779.
- Ford made his first car in 1896.
- Lewis Carroll wrote “Alice in Wonderland” in 1865.
Упражнение 7. Change the active sentences into passive sentences.
- They played the match in the evening.
- They calculated the answers very quickly.
- They filmed the movie in black and white.
- They sent the e-mail yesterday.
- They built our house ten years ago.
- Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin.
- The shopkeeper opened the shop at nine o’clock.
Ответы к упражнениям. Answers to the exercises.
1 was discovered, 2 entertained, 3 arrived, 4 were done, 5 were invited, 6 discussed, 7 learnt, 8 painted
1 was made, 2 is seen, 3 wasn’t built, 4 was completed, 5 was built, 6 was installed, 7 was added
This is Piza Tower — Italy.
1 Minsk was founded in 1067. 2. Ancient Troy was found by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann in 1870. 3. The first English settlement was founded in Virginia in 1607. 4. The first Olympic Games were held in Greece in 776 BC. 5. Swedish Vikings were invited to rule Russia in 860. 6. St. Petersburg was founded by Peter the Great in 1703. 7. The first jeans were made by Oscar Levi Strauss in the USA in 1850.
- My laptop was stolen last week.
- The men were arrested by the police.
- The painting was sold for £500.
- The goal was scored by Raul.
- These cars were made by robots.
- Не was told that you were here.
- I was shown the way by the boy./ The way was shown to me by the boy.
- The boat was carried away by the waves.
- Many houses were burnt by The Great Fire of London.
- We were told something interesting by the teachers. / Something interesting was told to us by the teachers.
- My cat was given milk every morning. / Milk was given to my cat every morning
- We were sent to clean the yard.
- Не was advised to be more patient.
Ответы 1. Wales was settled by the Celts in 500 BC. 2. The Acropolis was built by the ancient Greeks. 3. A dinosaur’s skeleton was found by a group of archaeologists. 5. James Cook was killed by the aboriginals of Hawaii. 7. “Alice in Wonderland” was written by Lewis Carroll in 1865.
- The match was played in the evening.
- The answers were calculated very quickly.
- The movie was filmed in black and white.
- The e-mail was sent yesterday.
- Our house was built ten years ago.
- Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming.
- The shop was opened by the shopkeeper at nine o’clock.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
2 Комментариев для «Past Simple Passive Exercises with answers. Упражнения на пассивный залог»
Упражнения простые, но весьма познавательные, узнал массу исторических сведений,Катрин весьма образованная девушка, редкость по нашим временам.
Present Simple Passive. Exercises. Упражнения на страдательный залог
Упражнения на тему Present Simple Passive предлагаются с ответами (with answers) и идут от простых к более сложным. На сайте планируется большое количество упражнений на тему Passive Voice с ответами. Смотрите полезные ссылки внизу страницы.
Easy exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1 . Fill in the verb is or are.
- Grammar rules . always learnt by heart.
- Rare animals . protected in many countries.
- This scarf . made by my granny.
- Animals in the reserve . fed two times a day.
- The same shirts . worn by all the members of our team.
- New Belarussian books . shown in our library
- Many Belarussian towns . described in this book.
- Dinner . always cooked by my mother.
- This place . crowded on Sunday.
- Our village . surrounded with a forest.
Упражнение 2. Write true sentences in Passive Voice. Use the words in table.
sent via satellite.
sold in music shops.
used to access the Internet.
invited to the concert
brought in the morning
cooked by my mother
painted by my friend
given text-books at school
written in English
not allowed to ride a motor-bike.
grown in many countries.
Упражнение 3 . Choose the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences.
- I . (like / am liked) this place.
- What books by Charles Dickens . (translated / are translated) into Belarussian?
- Who . (protects / is protected) animals?
- This city . (is visited / visited) by many people.
- Who . (gives / is given) bad marks in your class?
- Our house . (made /is made) of wood.
- Our holiday . (is begun / begins) next week.
- Pupils . (are given / give) textbooks by the teacher.
- The holiday . (celebrated / is celebrated) every year.
Exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Level : Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 4 . Fill in the gaps using the Present Simple Passive Voice form of the verb in brackets.
Mushroom and Ham Salad
First, 5 mushrooms … (1 – cut) into small pieces and …(2 — mix) with two cut spring onions. Then, 100 g cooked ham …(3— cut) into fine cubes. Now, mushrooms, onions and ham … (4 — mix) in a bowl. Finally, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice … (5 — mix) with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the mixture… (6 — add) to the salad mixture. Enjoy your salad!
The news reporter and a camera operator _______ (1 – send) to investigate a news story. People_____ (2 – interview) by a reporter and the interviews ______ (3 – film) by a camera operator. The film ____ (4 – take) back to the TV studio, and the best parts of the film _______ (5 – choose) by the news editor. Finally, the news report ______ (6 – send) to televisions in people’s homes and the news _____ (7 – watch) by people all over the country.
My motherland is the Republic of Belarus. My country (1 – situate) in the centre of Europe. It (2 – make up) of six regions: Brest, Vitebsk, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk and Mogilev. Belarus (3 – not wash) by any seas or oceans, so it (4 – not separate) from other countries by seas and oceans. Belarus (5 – border) by five countries.
Belarus is mostly flat (плоская). Some uplands can (6 – find) near Minsk and in some districts of Mogilev and Grodno regions. Most of Belarus (7 – cover) by forests. It is a beautiful country with a lot of lakes.
Упражнение 5. Put the passive sentences in order.
- in a lot of schools / are / used / Computers
- of plastic / made / are / CDs
- seen / The information / on a screen/can be
- are / very quickly / The answers / calculated
- played / The game / is / on a computer
- with a modem / are / sent / E-mails
- is / on a disk / Information / stored
- sent / Text messages / are / using mobile phones
- to get information / used / is / The Internet
Упражнение 6. Respond to the situations with a negative sentence using the words and word combinations in brackets.
Cars are made at this factory, (bicycles)
— But bicycles are not made at this factory.
- Bread is sold in this shop, (milk)
- Our house is built of wood, (their house)
- My books are kept on the shelf. exercise-books )
- My younger sister is usually given fruit and milk for supper, (my elder brother)
- Apples are grown in Belarus, (oranges)
- Glass is made of sand, (paper)
- My dresses are made by my mother, (jackets)
- Films are watched by many people, (sports programmes)
- This apple-tree is planted by me. (that cherry-tree)
- All the words are always learnt by the pupils. (rules)
Упражнение 7. Answer the questions in Simple Present Passive.
Is football played in the yard?
— Yes, it is. It’s sometimes played in the yard.
— No, it isn’t. It’s usually played in the field.
Is it played by boys or by girls?
— It’s played by boys as a rule.
- Are you always given good marks?
- Is your friend also given good marks?
- Is your homework always done in time?
- Are you often given money by your parents?
- Is chess played by two or three people?
- Are you often punished at home?
- Are trees planted in summer or in autumn?
- Are you shown pictures at your English lessons?
- Are your exercise-books collected at the beginning or at the end of the lesson?
Упражнение 8. Ask for more information about the sentences using the words in brackets.
The children are left after the lessons.(why,how often)
— Why are the children left after the lessons?
—How often are the children left after the lessons?
- The game is won by our school team, (what game)
- The map is brought from England, (when)
- My books are not kept on the shelf, (why)
- School meetings are held every month, (where)
- The glass is filled with something, (what)
- Hockey is usually played by boys, (when)
- Oranges are not grown in Belarus, (why)
- The dinner is not yet served, (why)
- New rules are explained at the lesson, (by whom)
Exercises on Present Simple Passive. Level – Intermediate.
Упражнение 9. Answer the questions using the words in brackets.
- Do many tourists come to Britain? (is visited )
- Where is the ‘garden of England? (is situated)
- Does it snow in the mountains of Wales? (are covered with)
- What language do people in Scotland speak? (is spoken)
- Are there many seas around the country? (is surrounded by / is washed by)
- Do they make world-famous crafts and clothes in Scotland? (are made)
- Do many people know about the beautiful mountains and lakes of Wales? (are known all over the world)
- Why is the green colour a symbol of Northern Ireland? (is covered)
Упражнение 10. Make up questions in Simple Present Passive.