Past Perfect Continuous упражнения
Повторите теорию Past Perfect Continuous – и мы сможем приступить к упражнениям.
|Вы также можете найти множество примеров предложений в Past Perfect Continuous.|
Упражнения на отработку Past Perfect Continuous.
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки, поставив глагол в Past Perfect Continuous.
- Sally ___________ (type) this text for 3 hours before Mark came.
- Anthony _________ (wait) for his airplane for 3 hours when its delay was announced.
- I saw many huge puddles. ______ it_______ (rain) hard?
- Sam did not even realize what a hard time Molly ______ (have).
- Rita _______ (train) for a year and she was very fit when her ex-boyfriend met her.
- Rachel’s husband _________ (fix) the car since early morning.
- Paul and Molly ___________ (talk) on the phone for an hour when the line broke.
- How long ____________ you_________ (watch) TV before you decided to go to bed?
- Steven felt tired as he __________ (sail) for several hours.
- Zina __________ (try) to find her mother for years but she failed.
Упражнение 2. Составьте предложения.
- went / Kate / it / for five years / had / for that company / working / when / been / out of business.
- all day / Mark / to sit down / wanted / he / because / had /standing / been / at work.
- teaching / a year / Jack / had / than / he / for / been / more / before / at the university / left for Asia.
- long / studying / How / moved / you / been / Japanese / before / had / you / to Tokyo?
Упражнение 3. Переведите на английский.
- Джонни выглядел уставшим, так как он пробежал большую дистанцию.
- Хелен набрала лишний вес, так как в последнее время она переедала.
- Лиза провалила тест, так как не готовилась к нему и не посещала занятия.
- Алекс был уставшим, потому что он много упражнялся.
- Она долго плакала прежде чем успокоится.
Упражнение 4. Ответьте, используя Past Perfect Continuous.
1 … it been snowing when you left the old house? (for 4 hours)
2 … Eton been working before he retired? (for 20 years)
3 … Mike been living there when Janet moved in? (for a fortnight)
4 … they been studying German before they finaly went to Berlin? (for 5 years)
5 …the authors been working on the novel before they sent it to a publisher? (for 2 years).
6 … Pele been playing football before he took part in that championship? (for 6 years)
7 … the students been listening attentively to the dialog before they could understand the basic meaning? (for an hour)
8 … the children been walking before the granny called them? (for 2 hours)
Упражнение 6. Make up sentences.
- The old lecturer began to speak up. After a few minutes the dean came in.
The old lecturer __________ for a few minutes when ________________.
- After half an hour of waiting Larry realized that he had been mistaken about the address.
Larry ______________________ when _____________________.
- My father-in-law went to America in 1943. Two years later, the war ended.
My father-in-law ________________ when____________________.
Небольшой тест Past Perfect Continuous и другие прошедшие времена.
1. We __________ when somebody __________ at the door.
a) were talking / was knocking
b) had been talking / knocked
c) were talking / knocked
d) had been talking / had knocked
2. Ian ____________ at the factory long when he ___________ a manager.
a) was working / had been made
b) had been working / was made
c) had been working / made
d) had worked / made
3. Sally _________ for two years when she ___________ the race.
a) trained / entered
b) was training / was entering
c) had trained / had entered
d) had been training / entered
4. It ____________ and the ground _______ white.
a) had been snowing / was
b) was snowing / had been
d) had been snowing / was being
5. By his death, the composer _____________.
c) had been writing
6. Jimmy ________ out of breath because he ___________.
a) had been / was running
b) was / was running
c) was / had been running
d) had been / had been running
Ответы на Past Perfect Continuous Test.
1 c, 2 b, 3 d, 4 a, 5 a, 6 c
Надеюсь, Вы сочли эти Past Perfect Continuous Tense упражнения полезными.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
8 Комментариев для «Past Perfect Continuous упражнения»
В целом, отличные упражнения. Но я бы посоветовала Вам сделать более подробное объяснение всех правил, а также ответы ко всем заданиям. В разделе заданий на present perfect continious ответов к заданиям нет, кроме тестовой части. Исправьте пожалуйста недочёты. Спасибо.
Более подробное объяснение всех правил есть в статье, на которую я ссылаюсь в первой строке статьи. Ответы. будет все. со временем
Отличные упраженения и сайт в целом! Молодцы!Поддержу предыдущего комментатора, что нужны овтеты, особенно для переводов.
Спасибо большое, Марина!
Очень хороший сайт! дополните, пожалуйста, информацией по грамматике и ответами к заданиям, с переводом!
Упражнение №1 предложение №6 — в данном случае уместнее употребить Present Perfect Continious, а не Past
The Future Perfect Continuous Tense. Упражнения с ответами
Будущее совершенное длительное время употребляется для выражения действия, которое будет длиться до определенного момента в будущем.
- Bill will have been teaching at the university for more than ten years by the time he lives for Japan. Билл будет работать в университете 10 лет ко времени, когда он поедет в Японию.
Проверим, насколько Вы дружите с этим временем).
Exercise 1. Составьте предложения, используя the Future Perfect Continuous Tense.
- By the beginning of April/my father/to work as the General Manager of this corporation/for fifteen years.
- By 8 o’clock/we/ to surf the Net/for five hours.
- By the end of next month/we/ to live/in this city/for ten years.
- By the end of this day/Dolly/ not to design/this fancy dress/for seven hours.
- Ted/to work/ as an attorney/for twenty years/by the end of March?
- Jack and Alison/to build/their house/for a year by Easter?
- My parents/ to run/this cafe/for six years/by next September.
- By 4 o’clock/ they/to play volleyball/for three hours.
- By 3 o’clock/the students/to write/the test for two hours and a half.
- By next Friday/Henry/to train/for the competition/for ten months.
Answers: 1. By the beginning of April my father will have been working as the General Manager of this corporation for fifteen years. 2. By 8 o’clock we will have been surfing the Net for five hours. 3. By the end of next month we will have been living in this city for ten years. 4. By the end of this day Dolly won’t have been designing this fancy dress for seven hours. 5.Will Ted have been working as an attorney for twenty years by the end of March? 6.Will Jack and Alison have been building their house for a year by Easter? 7.My parents will have been running this cafe for six years by next September. 8.By 4 o’clock they will have been playing volleyball for three hours. 9. By 3 o’clock the students will have been writing the test for two hours and a half. 10. By next Friday Henry will have been training for the competition for ten months.
Exercise 2. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в the Future Perfect Continuous Tense.
- By the 25th of December she … (to work) on this project for six months.
- By Saturday, Fred … (to paint) this picture for two weeks.
- We …(to study) marketing for a year by the end of the academic year.
- By tomorrow morning Laura … (to sleep) for twelve hours.
- … they … (to work) together for ten years by the end of May? — Yes, they ….
- … Nick … (to train) for four hours by 6 o’clock? — No, he ….
- By 5 o’clock Jessica … (to sit) at the dentist’s for three hours.
- By 12 o’clock the children … (to swim) for two hours.
- By the end of the day the workers …(to paint) this house for nine hours.
- By 6 o’clock in the evening we … (to wait) for his message for five hours.
Answers: 1. By the 25th of December she will have been working on this project for six months. 2. By Saturday, Fred will have been painting this picture for two weeks. 3. We will have been studying marketing for a year by the end of the academic year. 4. By tomorrow morning Laura will have been sleeping for twelve hours. 5. Will they have been working together for ten years by the end of May? — Yes, they will. 6. Will Nick have been training for four hours by 6 o’clock? — No, he won’t. 7. By 5 o’clock Jessica will have been sitting at the dentist’s for three hours. 8. By 12 o’clock the children will have been swimming for two hours. 9. By the end of the day the workers will have been painting this house for nine hours. 10. By 6 o’clock in the evening we will have been waiting for his message for five hours.
Exercise 3. Выберите правильный вариант ответа.
- By 6 o’clock Jimmy will be playing/will have been playing computer games for four hours.
- At 3 o’clock tomorrow we will be watching/will have watched a film.
- Will you be shopping/ will you have been shopping a bit later today? Can you buy me a bottle of milk?
- By the beginning of February I will have attended/will have been attending computer courses for four months.
- Don’t call Henry. I will have seen/will be seeing him in the office later, so I’ll tell him about the seminar.
- This time next week they will be cruising/will have been cruising round South America.
- The postman will be delivering/will have delivered all the newspapers by 4 o’clock.
- By the end of next month Mrs Wilson will have taught /will have been teaching for thirty years.
- Will you be using/will you have been using the printer for long? I need to print the article.
- By 5 o’clock tomorrow Fred will be receiving/will have received your telegram.
Answers: 1. will have been playing; 2. we will be watching; 3.Will you be shopping; 4. will have been attending; 5. will be seeing; 6. will be cruising; 7. will have delivered; 8. will have been teaching; 9. Will you be using; 10. will have received.
The Future in the Past Simple Tense (Будущее время в прошлом). Упражнения с ответами
Exercise 1. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени.
- I am afraid I shall be late.
- Do you think we shall pick all the apples in three days?
- He hopes you will often visit him.
- They expect he will be at home in a few days.
- Are you afraid we shan’t be in time?
- She promises that she will finish the work in a week.
- I think Henry will help us.
- I hope we’ll enjoy the show.
- She expects he’ll win the race.
Answers: 1. I was afraid I should be late. 2. Did you think we should pick all the apples in three days? 3. He hoped you would often visit him. 4. They expected he would be at home in a few days. 5. Were you afraid we shouldn’t be in time? 6. She promised that she would finish the work in a week. 7. I thought Henry would help us. 8. I hoped we should enjoy the show. 9. She expected he would win the race.
Exercise 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Future Simple или Future-in-the-Past Simple.
- I know we (not to be) late.
- I knew we (not to be) late.
- I want to know whether he (to be) at home.
- I wanted to know whether he (to be) at home.
- «When you (to be) ready?» he asked.
- He asked when I (to be) ready.
- I can’t say whether Bob (to do) the work perfectly, but he (to do) his best.
- He asked me whether he (to see) Olga there.
- Are you sure that we (to have) time to do that?
- I was afraid he (to say), «I don’t think I (to be) able to come.»
- I did not know what he (to speak) about.
- I knew your aunt (to bake) special cookies for all her nieces and nephews.
Answers: we shall not be. 2. We should not be. 3. He will be. 4. He would be. 5. When will you be. 6. I should be. 7. Bob will do, he will do. 8. He would see. 9. We shall have. 10. He would say, I shall be. 11. He would speak. 12. Your aunt would bake.
Exercise 3. Употребите следующие предложения как придаточные дополнительные. В роли главных предложений используйте предложения, данные в скобках.
(I supposed; He believed; She was sure; We were told; I heard; She said; He understood; She imagined; The letter said.)
• E.g. My brother will be sleeping.
I supposed that my brother would be sleeping.
- He will solve the problem in no time.
- The new film will be on in many cinemas.
- The teacher will have corrected our papers by the beginning of the lesson.
- She will not like this TV programme.
- The train will arrive on time.
- The children will be playing in the yard.
- All the newspapers will publish this information.
- They will win the game.
- I shall go to the south.
- My sister will not forget to ring me up.
- I shall have done my homework by nine o’clock.
- The tourists will not return by sunset.
- My friends will be waiting for me.
- My friend will have returned by that time.
- They will be working the whole evening.
- He will return this book to the library immediately.
Answers: 1. She imagined that he would solve the problem in no time. 2. I heard that the new film would be on in many cinemas. 3. We were told that the teacher would have corrected our papers by the beginning of the lesson. 4. She imagined that she would not like this TV programme. 5. He believed that the train would arrive on time. 6. She said that the children would be playing in the yard. 7. She was sure that all the newspapers would publish this information. 8. I supposed that they would win the game. 9. He believed that I should go to the south. 10. She was sure that my sister would not forget to ring me up. 11. I supposed that I should have done my work by nine o’clock. 12. We were told that the tourists would not return by sunset. 13. The letter said that my friends would be waiting for me. 14. I supposed that my friend would have returned by that time. 15. He understood that they would be working the whole evening. 16. She was sure that he would return this book to the library immediately.
Exercise 4. Переведите на английский язык, обращая внимание на время глагола в главном предложении.
- Я знаю, что он скоро придет.
- Я знал, что он скоро придет.
- Я думаю, что она будет спать в это время.
- Я думал, что она будет спать в это время.
- Она думает, что сделает всю работу к пяти часам.
- Она думала, что сделает всю работу к пяти часам.
- Я был уверен, что к десяти часам он уже выучит стихотворение.
- Я знал, что к девяти часам мама уже приготовит ужин и в девять часов вся семья будет сидеть за столом. Я боялся, что приду слишком поздно.
- Она боялась, что ее друг не придет.
- Они написали, что скоро приедут.
- Я был уверен, что встречу его на станции.
- Я думаю, что папа скоро напишет нам письмо.
- Вам сказали, что в декабре мы будем писать контрольную работу?
- Он понял, что никогда ее не забудет.
- Я полагаю, что они вспомнят о нас.
- Он говорит, что знает этого человека.
Answers: 1. I know that he will come soon. 2. I knew that he would come soon. 3. I think that she will be sleeping at this time. 4. I thought that she would be sleeping at that time. 5. She thinks that she will have done all the work by five o’clock. 6. She thought that she would have done all the work by five o’clock. 7. I was sure that by ten o’clock he would have learnt the poem. 8. I knew that by nine o’clock mother would have cooked supper and at nine o’clock the whole family would be sitting at the table. I was afraid that I should come too late. 9. She was afraid that her friend would not come. 10. They wrote that they would come soon. 11. I was sure that I should meet him at the station. 12. I think that father will soon write a letter to us. 13. Have you been told that in December we shall write a paper? 14. He understood that he would never forget her. 15. I believe that they will remember us. 16. He says he knows this man.
- Голицынский Ю.Б. Грамматика: Сборник упражнений. — 5-е изд., — СПб: КАРО, 2005. — 544 с. — (Английский язык для школьников).