Конструкция Would VS Used to (get used to, be used to). Правила и упражнения
В этом уроке мы рассмотрим некоторые важные английские конструкции, которые можно перепутать с уже изученной конструкцией USED TO.
Конструкции Would. Правила и упражнения (advanced)
ПРИМЕР He would sit in the armchair for hours, looking through the window. — Он, бывало, часами сидел на кресле и смотрел в окно.
I used to love playing darts. — Я раньше любила играть в шахматы.
НЕЛЬЗЯ I would love playing darts. (love – глагол состояния)
Конструкции Would VS Used to. Упражнения
Упражнение 1. Would VS Used to. Перефразируйте данные предложения. Используйте слова, выделенные жирным шрифтом, не изменяя их! Ваши предложения относятся к прошедшему времени.
- She doesn’t live in the village any more, I believe.(used to) — She ………………………, I believe.
- Whenever I told him that story he always laughed a lot. (would) — I used to tell him that story and he ………….. a lot.
- Is that the place where you lived before? (use) Did you ………………………. place?
- Before I moved in, I had no one to talk to. (use) Before I moved in, I ………………………. anyone to talk to.
- They usually had classes until lunch and games in the afternoon. (would) — When at school, they …………………….. have classes and games.
- Was it your habit to get up early in the morning? (use to) ……………………. to get up late in the morning?
Упражнение 2. Would VS Used to. Вставьте Used to или Would согласно правилам выше.
- I …. live near the railway line. When a train went past, the whole house … shake.
- Now the shelves of our local shop are empty. I remember they … be full of stuff some years ago.
- Every time my father was angry, he … struck the table.
- Every time my mother went out, she … always take an umbrella with her just in case.
Упражнение 3. Переведите текст, обращая внимание на глагол WOULD.
My friendship with Kathy wasn’t a perfect friendship. I learned very soon in our relationship that Kathy was jealous. We would have great fun going out shopping but if I bought, say, a dress for a party and she thought my dress was better than hers, she would start to say slightly unkind things about it. She would come out with me to buy the dress. She would give me a lot of helpful advice while I was trying on the various dresses in the shops. Her advice was always good. She would even tell the shop assistant if she thought the price was too high. I can remember one occasion when she said this and, to my surprise, they knocked the price down so that I could afford to buy it. The trouble would come later. When we were actually going to the party and we were both dressed, up and she was looking marvellous (for she was very beautiful) she would suddenly say, «I think, Sarah, we were both wrong about that dress. It looks a bit cheap, doesn’t it!»
Конструкции Get Used to, Be Used to. Правила и упражнения
- get used to – привыкать
- be used to – привыкнуть
- I have got used to going to work on foot. – Я привык ходить на работу пешком.
- They will get used to hot weather soon. – Они привыкнут к жаре скоро.
- I am used to drinking tea instead of coffee. – Я привык пить чай вместо кофе.
1.после глаголов предпочтенияlove, like, enjoy, don’t mind, prefer, dislike, hate,
2. некоторых ДРУГИХ глаголов
3. некоторых устойчивых выражений (set-expressions)
Упражнение 4. В шуточном тексте ниже вы найдете эти глаголы и выражения. Выпишите их, разделив на три группы.
I have always thought that it’s no use (no good) DOING my homework. More than that, I have thought that it isn’t worth DOING at all. First , it takes all my free time. Second, what on earth is the use of DOING it? As for me, I prefer COPING my homework to DOING it on my own. To tell the truth, I can’t stand DOING it. That’s why I can’t help COPYING. As a result, I get used to CHEATING and now I have difficulty in STUDYING. Do you agree with me that there is no point in DOING homework? I am looking forward to hearing your opinion.
Слова, выделенные оранжевым шрифтом, — это слова-связки. Запомните их!
Упражнение 5. Use VS Used to VS get (be) used to. Вставьте в пропуски use, used to или be used to.
- When I was young, I……… smoke a lot.
- The English …….. rainy weather.
- The police ….force while arresting the gangsters the other day.
- They …. this method for years.
- She … be a teacher.
- He … live in the country.
Ответы доступны только для пользователей, оплативших подписку «ОТВЕТЫ».
Конструкция used to. Упражнения
Упражнение 1. Используйте правильную форму глагола.
When I was a child.
- I used to go/used to gone on a hike with my mum and dad every weekend.
- I used not to visit/didn’t use to visit any faraway places.
- I didn’t used to read/didn’t use to read fantasy.
- We use to spent/used to spend summer in the country.
- Children used to wear/used to wore ugly uniforms at school.
- I used disliked /used to dislike sightseeing.
- Children use to were/used to be friendlier.
Упражнение 2. Перепишите предложения, использовав used to в нужной форме.
Example: She was a Science teacher. She isn’t now. — She used to be a Science teacher.
1.We didn’t have a dishwasher when I was little. 2. Jim played in the team last year. He doesn’t play anymore. 3. I knew few famous people. Now many of them are my friends. 4. My granny enjoyed knitting. Now she prefers outdoor activities. 5. My skin looked pale in spring. Now I’m sun-tanned. 6. My sister doesn’t live with us anymore. She got married and moved to Paris.
Упражнение 3. Дополните интервью следующими фразами:
use to work, used to laugh, use to like, used to hate, used to be, used to work
Interviewer: Where did you grow up?
Bianka: West London. And it wasn’t such a nice place at that time. There (1) _________lots of factories around that made the place look ugly. It’s changed a lot since then.
Interviewer: Did you go to school there?
Bianka: No, I didn’t. My school was ten kilometres away. I had to ride a bike.
Interviewer: What lessons did you (2) ________________?
Bianka: Believe it or not, I (3) _____________ Music. I always sang too loudly and everybody (4) _______at me. My favourite lessons were Maths and PE.
Interviewer: Did you (5) ________ after school or on holidays?
Bianka: I did. I (6) __________ at one of the music studius in the area. Just making tea and coffee, you know. Then one day one of the studio bosses heard me singing in the kitchen and they decided to give it a try!
Упражнение 4. Составьте вопросы из слов.
1. you like What use did look to?
2. did What like you to use?
3. do you use didn’t to What?
4. you did to use What about dream?
5. games to did you What play use?
Упражнение 5. Прочтите истории людей о своем детстве, переведите предложения с used to.
- I used to think that the orange and green tic-tacs gave you special powers. The orange ones would make you stronger and the green ones would make you faster. So I used to eat some green ones and run around my room as fast as I could, then eat the orange ones and try to pick up the sofa. I wish it were true! Chuck
- I used to believe that butterflies could eat your nose. Kate G.
- I used to believe that if I dug a hole big enough in beach sand, I woidd reach China and meet a China boy. Mckenzie
- I used to believe that my stuffed animals would get lonely and sad when I was gone. I had to leave them at least in pairs so they had a friend to talk to. Jualie
- I was 14 years old and my mother was talking about Veterans Day coming up. I looked at her and said, “Ya know, mom, I have never understood why they have a day to celebrate Veterinarians. I mean it’s great that they take care of animals but why is it so special to everyone?” My mom started laughing so hard I thought she was going to go rolling on the ground. When she finally could gather herself she looked at me and said, “Is that what you have thought your whole life?” and then started laughing again. Took her about 30 minutes before she would explain that I was wrong. I felt like an idiot! Nikkie
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
4 Комментариев для «Конструкция used to. Упражнения»
Used to/Be used to/Get used to – Упражнения с ответами (Intermediate+)
Exercise 1. Put the words in the right order to make sentences. – Поставьте слова в правильном порядке, чтобы составить предложения:
- used – we – France – in – to – live
- getting – I’m – to – here – living – now – used
- gym – get – I’ll – to – used – to – going – the – soon
- hair – blonde – she – have – to – used
- neighbor – I’m – used – not – my – to – new
- quickly – they – countryside – used to – got – in – to – the – living – very
- used to – Mel – home – work – walking – from – is
- can’t – Sam – divorce – used to – living – after – get – alone
2. I’m getting used to living here now.
3. I’ll get used to going to the gym soon.
4. She used to have blond hair.
5. I’m not used to my new neighbor.
6. They got used to living in the countryside very quickly.
7. Mel is used to walking home from work.
8. Sam can’t get used to living alone after divorce.
Exercise 2. Choose the correct answer a, b or c: — Выберите правильный ответ a, b или c:
1.Mary ________________ many friends, but now she has lots of them.
- used to have
- didn’t use to have
- not used to have
2. I couldn’t sleep last night at all because I _______________ my new bed.
- not used to
- wasn’t used to
- didn’t get use to
3. When Adam got a job, he _______________ getting up early very quickly.
4. When I moved to Norway, it was hard for me to _______________ cold summer. But now I’m OK with it.
- am used to
- get used to
- be used to
5. I know this company, but I ___________________ work there.
- used to
- didn’t use to
- didn’t used to
6. This computer is very easy to use. You _______________ in a day, I’m sure.
- got used to
- will be get used to
- will get used to
7. At first Michael didn’t like his new boss, but finally he _________________ her.
- got used to
- is used to
- get used to
8. Our new colleague is very lazy and I don’t think he ____________________ working hard in our company.
- is used to
- used to
- will get used to
9. Dan ________________ married, but now he is single again.
- used to be
- got used to be
- did used to be
10. When I was a child, I ______________ play computer games a lot.
Exercise 3. Complete the sentences with correct forms of used to/be used to/get used to. Use negative forms where necessary.
- When Kate moved to England, she couldn’t ________________ British accent.
- I know Mary, we _________________ go to the same cooking class.
- We _________________ local food, it’s too spicy.
- It’s difficult for American drivers to ________________ driving on the left side of the road in Britain.
- Have you seen Sam’s new car? Before he got it, he’d ________________ get to work by bus.
- Working overtime isn’t a problem for me. I __________________ it. I did the same at my previous job.
- When Tina lived with her parents, she __________________ have a big house, but now she lives in a small room and she finds it difficult ___________________ it.
- I _______________ working in this company very quickly, people are very friendly here.
- When he was younger, Mike ___________________ go camping a lot. But now he does it very often and enjoys it so much.
- I don’t like going to the discos because I __________________ that kind of music.
Хотите получать уведомления о новых уроках и статьях по почте?
Подпишитесь на рассылку ВОТ ТУТ >>>
Статьи по теме:
Эти три конструкции часто вызывают сложности, особенно у неопытных пользователей английского языка. Used to используется для разговора о привычках. При этом used to + inf. относится исключительно к прошлому времени,…
Упражнение 1. Составьте предложения из слов: ПРИМЕР: am / I / student / a — I am a student a / you / teacher / are am / I /…
Сейчас становятся популярными так называемые социальные хобби, то есть хобби, которые предполагают общение между людьми. Среди таких – игра в «Мафию». Сегодня смотрим видео с правилами игры в «Мафию» на английском…
Слово GET – одно з самых распространенных в английском языке. Причем как в виде фразового глагола, так и в виде обычного (без частиц, изменяющих его значение). Сегодня рассмотрим несколько…
Все пишут письма, но не все умеют делать это правильно. В сегодняшнем видео уроке английского разбираем главные «косяки» и учимся деловому e-mail этикету. Начинаем урок! Vocabulary focus Прочитайте несколько…