Степени сравнения наречий – упражнения
Давайте попрактикуемся в теме степени сравнения английских наречий и выполним несколько упражнений.
The adverb. Degrees of comparison. Exercises.
Упражнение 1. Напишите три степени сравнения следующих наречий. Некоторые из предложенных наречий не имеют степеней сравнения – какие? Write three degrees of comparison for the following adverbs. Which of these adverbs do not form any degrees of comparison?
Well, badly, far, here, outside, easily, mostly, fast, loudly, usually, carefully, happily, patiently, dangerously
Упражнение 2 . Выберите правильный вариант использования степени сравнения наречий. Choose the right adverb (degree of comparison) to complete the sentences.
- Alisа smiles even (most brightly / more brightly) than the sun.
- The new teacher explains the rules (more completely / completely) than our book.
- Jack arrived (latest / most late) at the airport.
- Jillian usually climbs (highest /higher) of all the other climbers in her group.
- Andrew is speaking even (more louder / louder ) than usual.
- Melody dances (most gracefully / more gracefully) of all the girls.
- Of all three, Mike runs (fastest / faster).
- Of all two, Mike runs (fastest / faster).
- Harry swims (slower / slowest) of all the boys in the swimming team.
- Yesterday the President spoke (more calmly /calmly) to Congress than usual.
Упражнение 3 . Вставьте наречие в нужной степени сравнения. Use the correct form of the adverbs in brackets.
- Unfortunately, it’s becoming _______ (hard) and _______ (hard) to find a well-paid job.
- This phrase is _______ (widely) used in spoken Russian than in written.
- Your test isn’t good. You can do _______ (well) than you did.
- We walk _______ (fast) than usual to catch the train.
- I know Daniel _______ (well) than you do.
- I used to play tennis _______ (often) than now.
- Could you move a bit_______ (far) away for me to sit here too?
- Mary is driving _______ (slowly) than usual, as the road is wet.
- Of all the group Jimmy did _______ (badly) in the examination.
- Could you speak _______ (distinctly), please?
Упражнение 4. Скажите, какие из следующих предложений составлены верно, исправьте ошибки. Say which of these sentences are right and correct the wrong ones.
1 I hope that next time you’ll speak to your uncle more politely. 2. Peter usually comes to his classes most late of his classmates. 3. Who can solve this problem most quickly? 4. This time he listened to his little sister patienter than usual. 5. Could you speak a little slower, please? 6. When I was a very young child I thought that to sing best meant to sing loudest. 7. I think that now I see the whole problem much more clearly. 8. Who lives more near to the school — you or your friend? 9. Alice goes to the theatre frequentest of us all. 10. Will you raise your hands a bit higher, please? I can’t see them. 11. In December it snows oftener than in November. 12. He knows three languages but he speaks English easiest. 13. Last night I slept peacefullier than before. 14, Could you come to school more early and water the plants tomorrow? 15. This new computer works most fast and can solve problems in no time.
Упражнение 5. Translate.
- Ты не мог бы вести машину быстрее?
- Поезд прибыл раньше, чем обычно.
- Моя сестра помогает маме чаще других членов нашей семьи.
- Из пяти спортсменов Вася прыгнул выше всех.
- Миссис Финч разговаривает с медсестрами терпеливее всех других врачей.
- Наша собака лает громче соседской.
- Мой брат пишет бабушке чаще, чем я.
- Анна говорит по-английски лучше Васи.
- Вася живет ближе всех к школе.
Ответы к упражнениям на степени сравнения наречий.
- Well – better (than) – best (of all),
- Badly – worse (than) – worst (of all),
- Far – farther/further (than) – farthest/furthest (of all),
- here, outside – нет степеней сравнения,
- easily – more easily (than) – most easily (of all) или easily – easier (than) – easiest (of all)
- mostly – нет степени сравнения,
- fast – faster (than) — fastest (of all),
- loudly – more loudly (than) – most loudly (of all) или loudly – louder (than) – loudest (of all)
- usually – нет степени сравнения,
- carefully – more carefully (than) – most carefully (of all),
- happily – more happily (than) – most happily (of all),
- patiently — more patiently (than) – most patiently (of all),
- dangerously – more dangerously (than) – most dangerously (of all).
Упражнение 2. Выберите правильный вариант использования степени сравнения наречий. Choose the right adverb degree of comparison to complete the sentences.
- more brightly
- more completely
- most gracefully
- more calmly
Harder / harder, 2 more widely, 3 better, 4 faster, 5 better, 6 more often (oftener), 7 farther, 8 (more slowly) slower, 9 worst, 10 more distinctly
Степени cравнения английских прилагательных. Упражнения
Предлагаю вам подборку упражнений на степени сравнения прилагательных. При возникновении сложностей, проконсультируйтесь со справочным материалом Degrees of Comparison.
Упражнение 1. Напишите сравнительную и превосходную степень для следующих прилагательных:
Упражнение 2. Вставьте подходящее прилагательное в нужной степени.
- A train is ___________ than a bus.
- This text is the ___________ of all.
- I was ill last week but today I am________
- Park Street is _______ than Market Street.
- This jacket is small for me. Show me a ________ one.
- What is the __________ thing in life?
- A crocodile is _________ than a water snake.
- Helen is the ________ girl in our class.
Упражнение 3. Упражнение Раскройте скобки, поставив предложенное прилагательное в нужной степени.
- Jill’s a far________ (intelligent) person than my brother.
- Kate was the_________ (practical) of the family.
- Greg felt __________ (bad) yesterday than the day before.
- This wine is the ____________ (good) I’ve ever tasted.
- Jack was the________ (tall) of the two.
- Jack is the__________ (clever) of the three brothers.
- If you need any ___________ (far) information, please contact our head office.
- The sinking of Titanic is one of _____________ (famous) shipwreck stories of all time.
- Please, send the books back without_________ (far) delay.
- The deposits of oil in Russia are by far the __________ (rich) in the world.
- Could you come a bit _______ (early) tomorrow?
- I like this song _________ (well) than the previous one.
- Which of these two performances did you enjoy ________ (much)?
- The fire was put out _________ (quickly) than we expected.
Упражнение 4. Вставьте more или less.
- People are______ intelligent than monkeys.
- Summer holidays are ____ splendid than winter holidays.
- Maths is _____ important than English.
- Books are ______ interesting than films.
- Writing in English is_____ difficult than speaking.
- Parents are_______ helpful than teachers.
- Reading is_______ useful than watching TV.
- Food is _____ expensive than clothes.
Упражнение 5. Сравните по образцу.
Maths is as difficult as English.
History and Russian, (difficult)
History is not so difficult as Russian.
- Weather in autumn and weather in summer. (pleasant)
- A bike and a motor-bike, (comfortable)
- A snake and a crocodile, (dangerous)
- Shoes and coats, (expensive)
- Holidays and week-ends, (wonderful)
- Ann and Nell, (beautiful)
Упражнение 6. Прочитайте предложения. Выберите один из предложенных вариантов ответа.
1. Mike found himself а _______ job somewhere out of town.
2. We prefer the Palm Beach though it is _______ from the center.
3. This detailed map is ________ the atlas.
b) more useful like
c) more useful than
4. Safari parks are ________ places of all to keep animals.
5. This computer is ________ advanced than the old model.
6. They talked about ____________ developments in agriculture.
7. The situation is_____________ now and there isn’t an easy solution.
a) less more complicated
b) many more complicate
c) much more complicated
d) farther more complicated
8. People stay indoors during the _________ part of the day.
Упражнение 7. Подчеркните правильный вариант использования степени прилагательных old, near, far, late.
- Let’s take a later/latest train.
- Computers are one of the latest/last discoveries of the 20th century.
- Sorry I’m late — am I the last/latest ?
- That’s a further/farther reason to do it.
- This poem belongs to his latter /later works.
- Jane is 2 years older/elder than Jack.
- Jane is older/elder than Jack by two years.
- My older/elder brother is 5 years older/elder than me.
- Where is the nearest/nex t post office?
- The teacher told us about the latest/last elections in this country.
- The nearest/next house to ours is 2 miles away.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
6 Комментариев для «Степени cравнения английских прилагательных. Упражнения»
Comparative adjectives Упражнения по грамматике
Write the Comparative forms of the adjectives:
1. fast ____________
2. heavy ____________
3. dangerous ____________
4. small ____________
5. large ____________
6. light ____________
7. rare ____________
8. common ____________
9. bad ____________
10. good ____________
Correct the sentences
1. Cats are popularer than snakes as pets.
2. Pigs are more intelligent as other animals.
3. Turtles are slow than crocodiles.
4. Elephants are heavyer than pigs.
5. Bears are more rare than snakes.
Complete the sentences
1. I am ___________ (tall) my sister.
2. My mum thinks that cats are ___________ (good) pets than dogs.
3. Cycling is one of ___________ (dangerous) sports.
4. I want to have ___________ (big) car.
5. A blue whale is ___________ (heavy) twenty-five elephants.
6. You look ___________ (thin) last month. Have you lost weight?
7. Bicycles are ___________ (slow) cars.
8. She is ___________ (nice) person I know.
9. What is ___________ (good) film you´ve seen?
10. Computers are ___________ (cheap) mobile phones.
11. Is your brother ___________ (tall) you?
12. I think Spanish is ___________ (easy) Japanese.
13. Our dog is ___________ (nice) your dog.
14. Glass bottles are ___________ (good) plastic bottles.
15. I think Rafael Nadal is ___________(good) tennis player in Spain.
16. Sharks are ___________ (dangerous) other fish.
17. This situation is ___________ (serious) the last one.
18. He is ___________ (smart) his brother.
19. My brother wanted ___________ (expensive) trainers in the shop.
20. Today is ___________ (good) day of the year.
21. Daniela is ___________ (funny) me.
22. My house is ___________ (larger).
23. Mount Everest is ___________ (high) mountain in the world.
24. The sea is ___________ (large) a lake.
25. My job is ___________ (easy) yours.
26. London is ___________ (big) city in England.
27. This car is ___________ (comfortable) yours.
28. He is ___________ (rich) man in town.
29. I am ___________ (strong) you.
30. A baby blue whale gets ___________ (big) a great white shark.
1. A Mercedes is ________ (expensive) a Fiat.
2. Maradona is ________ (good) football player ever.
3. A swordfish is ________ (fast) a jellyfish.
4. Julio is ________ (friendly) Carlos.
5. Irene is ________ (clever) Silvia.
6. Comedies are ________ (funny) police dramas.
7. Pablo is ________ (big) Juanma.
8. Max is ________ (old) John.
9. Adriano is ________ (fast) Ronaldo.
10. My hair is ________ (long) yours.
11. A dolphin is ________ (intelligent) a shark.
12. Elaine is ________ (wise) her sister.
13. Tony is ________ (happy) Max.
14. Sandra is ________ (busy) Sam.
15. Skiing is ________ (dangerous) football.
16. This is ________ (narrow) of all roads in Málaga.
17. Health is ________ (important) money.
18. Those cakes are ________ (bad) I´ve ever tasted.
19. My dog is ________ (good) dog in the world.
20. Patricia´s house is ________ (small) Linda´s.
21. A car is ________ (fast) a bike.
22. My laptop is ________ (fast) yours.
23. The ant is ________ (small) insect.
24. This lamp is ________ (bright) one in the room.
25. My house is ________ (clean) her house.
26. Jack is ________ (tall) boy in his class.
27. Steven Spielberg is ________ (good) film director in the world.
28. This dress is ________ (old) that one.
29. A sea lion is ________ (heavy) a lobster.
30. A sports car is ________ (fast) a motorbike.
Write comparative and superlative adjectives
1. clean _____________________________
2. easy _____________________________
3. good _____________________________
4. dirty _____________________________
5. fat _____________________________
6. beautiful _____________________________
7. sad _____________________________
8. flat _____________________________
9. active _____________________________
10. comfortable _____________________________
11. hot _____________________________
12. happy _____________________________
13. wet _____________________________
14. narrow _____________________________
15. big _____________________________
16. busy _____________________________
17. noisy _____________________________
18. dirty _____________________________
19. thin _____________________________
20. little _____________________________
21. bad _____________________________
22. few _____________________________
23. much _____________________________
24. many _____________________________
25. rich _____________________________
Comparative or superlative
1. Jeremy is 10 years old. Julie is 8 years old. Jeremy is (old) ____________ Julie
2. The Alps are very high. They are (high) ____________________ mountains in Europe.
3. An ocean is (large) _________________ a sea.
4. A Rolls Royce costs a lot of money. A Twingo costs less money. A Rolls Royce is (expensive) ______________ a Twingo.
5. William’s results were bad. Fred’s results were very poor. Fred’s results were (bad) __________William’s.
6. This exercise is not difficult. It’s (easy) ___________________ I expected.
7. The weather is not good today — it’s raining. I hope the weather will be (good) ___________ next week.
8. People are not friendly in big cities. They are usually (friendly) __________________ in small towns.
9. In the government of a country, the President is (important) _____________________ person.
10. People say that Chinese is (difficult) ___________________ to learn than English.