Комплексные упражнения на артикль. Уровень Upper-Intermediate — Advanced
Предлагаю вам подборку комплексных упражнений на использование артикля в английском языке. Данные упражнения подойдут тем, кто уже достаточно уверенно ориентируется в грамматике
и является гордым обладателем уровней от Upper-Intermediate до Advanced. Упражнения будут интересны и полезны даже студентам языковых ВУЗов. Для тех, кому эти упражнения покажутся сложными, предлагаю перейти на страницу с более простыми заданиями на артикль. Ко всем упражнениям даются ответы, так что вы с легкостью сможете проверить себя или своих учеников.
Упражнение 1. Вставьте подходящий артикль, где он необходим.
(1) ___ Modern medical science is still seeking (2) ___ clues to (3) ___ riddle of (4) ___ Napoleon’s death that has baffled (5) ___ historians for more than (6) ___ century.
Napoleon was banished into his final exile on (7) ___ St. Helen after his defeat by (8) ___ English at (9) ___ Battle of (10) ___ Waterloo. (11) ___ Emperor arrived on October 17, 1815, and at (12) ___ first stayed in (13) ___ guesthouse belonging to William Balcombe, (14) ___ naval agent for (15) ___ East India Company. (16) ___ Balcombes lived in (17) ___ villa in (18) ___ hills of (19) ___ island.
Napoleon had (20) ___ friends, he had (21) ___ money, he had (22) ___ patience. Working together, quietly they could constitute (23) ___ forces that would free him.
Упражнение 2. Вставьте подходящий артикль, где он необходим.
- About hundred miles south of ___ England and within sight of ___ French coast lies the small group of ____ beautiful rocky islands known as ____ Channel Islands.
- In ___ Hungary, ____tourism and industrial development around ____ shores of ____ Lake Balaton have rendered lake biologically dead.
- ___ Stonehenge is ____ancient megalithic monument located on ____Salisbury plain in ___ southern England, about two miles west of ___ River Avon. ___ biggest question that still remains concerning ___ Stonehenge is why it was built.
- Most ___ commercials usually include ___ short, clever phrase or slogan.
- Today most ___ American families have at least two TV sets. ___ only activity that takes up more of their free time is sleeping. They are criticized by some experts for___ amount of time they spend in front of ___ television.
- Most people believe that it’s wrong to let ___ children have everything that ___ money can buy. They must realize well that ___ money is earned by ___ hard work.
- Two local residents were injured in___ crash last night involving ___ motor-cycle and ___ car. ___ motorcyclist, Peter Johnson, ___ postman, skidded and hit ___side of ___ car being driven by Louise Mason. The emergency services were soon on ___scene and both were taken to ___ hospital, where they were treated for ___shock.
- ___ new youth centre is planned for Melton. ____centre aims to cater for___ young people between the ages of 16 and 21. ___ young people wishing to become ___ members will pay ___ small annual fee and will then be able to use all ____ facilities available. The centre will have ___ bar serving ___ soft drinks and ___snacks.
- ___ story of how ___ days of ___ week were named is interesting. ___ Romans had named them in ___ honour of their gods, and of ___ sun and moon. When ____ Anglo-Saxons wanted names for ___ days, they took ___ Roman idea, but to most of___days they gave ___ names of their own gods.
- ____ most southerly of ___ Channel Islands is ___ Jersey, which enjoys ___ equable climate all ___ year round. It is situated within sight of ___French coast. ___ Finance and ____tourism play ___ important part in _____ island’s prosperity. ___ town of St Helier at ____ eastern side of _____ south coast is ___ historic capital.
- ___ solar system is ___ family of worlds. Nearest to ___ sun is Mercuiy, ___ place where the day is hot enough to melt some metals.
- After___ exams were over, my friend and I decided to go on ___ picnic. It was ___ very big mistake and everything went wrong from ___ very beginning. We had arranged to meet at half past eight so that we could make up___ early start. ___ place we wanted to go to was___ two-hour drive from _____ city centre. It was Saturday and there was ___ heavy traffic which held us up. After driving for about ___ hour ___ car broke down and we had to call Paul, ___friend of ours, who is ___ mechanic, to come to our rescue. It took Paul two hours to repair ___ car. By ___ time we arrived at our picnic spot, it was ___ late afternoon and ___ weather was quite cloudy We got all___ food out of___ car and___ blanket to sit on but we were immediately invaded by___ insects that wanted to share___ picnic. Then it started to rain heavily and we had to put everything back in the car and drive back home.
Упражнение 3. Подчеркните верный вариант использования артикля.
1. The white rhinoceros / A white rhinoceros is close to extinction.
2. The bicycle /A bicycle is an environmentally friendly means of transport.
3. The development of the railway / A development the railway encouraged tourism throughout Europe.
4. The fridge / A fridge is today considered an essential in most homes.
5. Writing the letter / a letter is often cheaper than telephone
6. Laszlo Biro is normally credited with having invented the ball-point pen / a ball-point pen.
7. The experienced test pilot / An experienced test-pilot earns a considerable amount of money.
8. The Jumbo Jet / A Jumbo Jet has revolutionised air travel.
9. The credit card / A credit card is a convenient way of paying for purchases.
10. Accidents / The accident will happen, I’m afraid.
11. A tortoise is a / the sort of reptile.
12 Don’t forget it’s Mothers Day / the Mother’s Day next week.
13 Olympic Games / The Olympic Games were restarted in Athens in 1896.
14 United Nations / The United Nations was formed in 1945.
15 ICI / The ICI is one of the world’s largest companies.
Упражнение 4. Вставьте артикли a /an, the там, где это необходимо.
As (1) ___ writer, I seem to spend (2) ___ most of (3) ___ time working at (4) ___ home in (5) ___ study, sitting in (6) ___ front of (7) ___ typewriter. In fact, (8) ___ only people I see regularly are (9) ___ members of my family and it is difficult to keep in (10) ___touch with friends I made at (11) ___ school. I’m always getting (12) ___ letters and (13) ___ phone calls from (14) ___ people at (15) ___ publisher’s, though, and I do try to go out of (16) ___ house at least once (17) ___ day. And from (18) ___ time to (19) ___ time I give (20) ___ lectures or take part in (21) ___ courses at (22) ___ conferences or at (23) ___ schools in (24) ___ UK or abroad and this helps to prevent me feeling too isolated. I also get (25) ___ reports back from (26) ___ schools where material I’ve written is being tried out, and this kind of (27) ___ feedback is very useful. Still, it seems to me while I’m still busy and continue to make (28) ___ living, I should go on writing (29) ___ books. But as soon as (30) ___ ideas seem to be drying up or I start suffering from (31) ___ loneliness, I’ll give up (32) ___ writing and get back into (33) ___ classroom and meet (34) ___ students again.
1 — , 2 — , 3 the, 4 — , 5 — , 6 a, 7 — , 8 the, 9 the, 10 — , 11 the, 12 — , 13 a или the, 14 a, 15 the, 16 the, 17 a, 18 the, 19 the, 20 — , 21 — , 22 — , 23 — .
1 a hundred, the French coast, beautiful, the Channel Islands
2 Hungary , tourism, the shores, Lake Balaton
3 Stonehenge , an ancient, the Salisbury plain southern England, the River Avon, the biggest, Stonehenge
4 commercials, a short, clever phrase
5 American families, the only activity, the amount, the television.
6 children, money, money, hard work
7 a crash, a motor-cycle, a car; The motorcyclist, a postman, the side, the car; the scene, hospital, shock
8 a new; The centre, young; Young, members, a small, the facilities; the centre, a bar, soft, snacks
9 the story, the days, the week,The Romans, honour, the sun, ; the Anglo-Saxons, the days, the Roman idea; the days, the names
10 The most, the Channel, Jersey, an equable, the year; the French coast; Finance, tourism, an important, the island’s; The town; the eastern, the south, the historic
11 The solar, a family; the sun, a place
12 the exams, a picnic; a very big, the very beginning; an early; the place, a two-hour, the city; heavy traffic; an hour, the car, a friend, a mechanic; the car; the time, late afternoon, the weather; the food, the car, the blanket, insects, the picnic
1 The white rhinoceros, 2 The bicycle, 3 The development of the railway, 4 The fridge, 5 a letter, 6. the ball-point pen, 7 An experienced test-pilot, 8 The Jumbo Jet, 9 A credit card, 10 Accidents, 11 a, 12 Mothers Day, 13 The Olympic Games, 14 The United Nations,15 ICI
1 a, 2- , 3 the, 4 — , 5 the, 6 — , 7a или the , 8 the, 9 the, 10 — , 11 — , 12- , 13- , 14 the, 15 the, 16 the, 17 a, 18 — , 19 — , 20 — , 21 — , 22 — , 23 — , 24 the , 25 — , 26 the, 27 — , 28 a, 29 — , 30 the, 31 — , 32 — , 33 the, 34 —
Более того, эти особенности использования артикля могут Вас заинтересовать.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
2 Комментариев для «Комплексные упражнения на артикль. Уровень Upper-Intermediate — Advanced»
Здравствуйте! Подскажите пожалуйста, почему в упр. 3 к первым 5 вопросам необходимо выбрать определенный артикль?
по порядку — The white rhinoceros is close to extinction. (определенный артикль употребляется с исчисляемыми существительными в единственном числе, для обозначения целого класса / рода / вида / жанра).
2. The bicycle is an environmentally friendly means of transport. (определенный артикль употребляется с исчисляемыми существительными в единственном числе, которые обозначают изобретения как целый класс)
3. The development of the railway (есть уточняющее of the railway)
Артикль в английском языке. Упражнения для начинающих
Вы уже знаете,что такое артикль и самые простые правила употребления артикля в английском языке. Далее вас ждут упражнения по теме «Артикль в английском языке (для начинающих)».
Артикль в английском языке. Упражнения для начинающих
I. Артикль A (an). Упражнения
Упражнение 1. Поставьте артикль a, an перед существительным, где нужно.
- This is … boy. That is … girl.
- This is … cat. It is my… cat.
- Is this your… dog? No, I have no… dog. I have … cat.
- Is that his … car? No, it isn’t his … car. It is his father’s …car.
- She has … sister. Her sister’s … husband is … dentist.
- They have got two … children.
- Their daughter’s … name is …Nancy.
- Nancy is … kind girl. She is … 15.
- He has many … friends.
- Her… brother is … very clever.
Упражнение 2. Поставьте артикль a, an перед существительным, где нужно.
- This … cat is very … nice.
- That … dog is very … big.
- My… dog has three … puppies.
- I can see … animal in the picture.
- This … monkey is … funny.
- Give me … pencil, please.
- I will draw … dolphin.
- Would you like to draw … animals?
- … lions are very … strong.
- This … family has no … pet.
Упражнение 3. Поставьте артикль a, an перед существительным, где нужно.
- This is … cup. This is … my mother’s cup.
- This is … apple pie. These are … apple pies.
- There is … shop in the street. There is no … kiosk in the street.
- It’s … nice yellow jacket. This … jacket is Kate’s.
- I have got … child. My … child is clever.
- That … man is … pilot. Those … men are … pilots, too.
- My hamster eats … apples, … carrots and … potatoes.
- I like … sweets and … cakes.
II. Артикль the. Упражнения
Запомните существительные, которые ВСЕГДА употребляются с артиклем the:
- the sun — солнце (единственное в мире)
- the moon — луна
- the sky — небо
- the world — мир
- the earth — земля
- the floor — пол (в конкретной комнате)
- the walls — стены (в конкретной комнате)
Упражнение 4. Поставьте артикль the перед существительным, где нужно.
- … sun is a star.
- … sky is grey today.
- … earth is a planet.
- … weather was fine yesterday.
- There are … apples on … table.
- You can’t see … moon in … sky tonight.
- It is very dark in … room.
- I went to the shop and bought … bananas. I like … bananas.
- I always help about … house.
- … girls are at home. Where are … boys?
Упражнение 5.Поставьте артикль the перед существительным, где нужно.
- I live on … fifth floor.
- Who is … cleverest student in class?
- … monkeys are … funniest animals.
- What is … longest river in Russia?
- Where is … kitten?
- … girls are in … first form.
- … most difficult language is … German.
- … father’s car is in …. garage.
- I like … winter.
- What is … best season?
Упражнение 6.Поставьте артикли a (an), the перед существительным, где нужно.
1. Pete has … small family. He has … father and … mother. He has no … brother, but he has … sister. His sister is … good girl.
2. I have … many Russian books, but I have no … English books.
3. There is … writing desk in … room. … writing desk is large. There is … lamp on … writing desk.
4. My uncle has … large family. They are six in his… family. … family is big.
5. My father is … engineer. He works in … big factory . … factory is near his … house.
6. We have … good library. We keep books in … big bookcase . … bookcase has three … shelves.
СРАВНИТЕ The book is on the table. VS The book is on a big round table.
Упражнение 7. Поставьте артикли a (an), the перед существительным, где нужно.
- Ann has got two children: … boy and … girl. … boy’s name is Steve. … girl’s name is Susan.
- I have got … pets: … dog and … cat. … dog is black and … cat is white.
- What … clever dog! … dog can understand my questions.
- What … lazy cat! … cat sleeps all day.
- We bought … vase yesterday. … vase was very large.
- I like … sun. … sun gives us light and warmth.
- I like to see …. stars. … stars are always beautiful.
- … forth poem was … shortest.
- … garden has no … flowers.
- I can see … birds in the trees. … birds are crows.
Ответы доступны только для пользователей, оплативших подписку «ОТВЕТЫ».