Упражнения на времена английского глагола
Предлагаю Вам подборку разноуровневых упражнений на отработку темы «Времена глагола» в английском языке. Уровень упражнений варьируется от Pre-Intermediate до Upper – Intermediate. В упражнениях проверяется только активный залог. Все упражнения предлагаются с ответами. English Tenses Exercises are here!
Упражнения на времена английского глагола. Уровень Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 1. Join the two parts of sentences.
1. Fred plays tennis.
2. Fred is playing tennis.
3. Fred has played tennis.
4. Fred played tennis.
5. Fred was playing tennis.
6. Fred will play tennis.
b) for several times.
Упражнение 2. Copy the sentences and note if they refer to the present, past or future. Write the tense against each sentence.
Example: He cut his finger with a knife. (Simple Past)
- He often cuts himself.
- What time did John arrive?
- I never forget anything.
- Are you sitting comfortably?
- We drank a lot of Coke at the party.
- It was raining all night.
- The train will leave in a few minutes.
- I put on a clean shirt yesterday.
Упражнение 3. Put the following sentences into the correct tense: Simple Past, Simple Present, Present Continuous or Past Continuous, Present Perfect.
- I ________ (listen) to the radio while Mary __________ (cook) dinner.
- You __________ (buy) this book yesterday?
- Last Friday Jill __________ (go) home early because she __________ (want) to see a film.
- When your brother usually __________ (get) home in the evening?
- Jane always __________ (bring) us a nice present.
- What those people __________ (do) in the middle of the road?
- You __________ (read) this book?
- While Fred __________ (sleep), Judy __________ (watch) TV.
- When I __________ (be) young, I __________ (think) Mary __________ (be) nice — but now I __________ (think) she’s fantastic.
- Jill __________ (walk) home when she __________ (see) her husband’s car outside the cinema
- Look there! Sue and Tim __________ (run) to school.
- Jack’s father __________ (not work) in London — he __________ (not speak) English.
- Joe __________ (buy) a car yesterday.
- Their father often __________ (go) to rock concerts.
- While you __________ (sleep), mother __________ (arrive).
Упражнение 4. Исправьте ошибки.
- When she was younger, she has played tennis every day.
- It’s already 10:00, but Jane hasn’t finished her homework already.
- Joe crashed his car three times since Christmas.
- Did you done your homework, or have you been watching TV?
- Karl has been driving since five years.
- This hotel has been already in business for twenty years.
Упражнения на времена английского глагола. Уровень Intermediate.
Упражнение 5. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense form (Present Simple, Present Perfect, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous).
- Alice . (not to take) the bus to school every day. She usually . (to walk) to school.
- (to take) … you the bus to get to school or . (to walk) you?
- Who is this man? I . (to think) that I . (to know) him, but I . (to forget) his name.
- The children . (to have) a good time in the park yesterday. They . (to give) small pieces of bread to the ducks. Then they . (to take) pictures of themselves.
- Where are the children? They . (to watch) TV in the room now. Some minutes ago they . (to play) a game.
- Now I am in my class. I. (to sit) at my desk. I always . (to sit) at the same desk.
Упражнение 6. Раскройте скобки употребляя глаголы в Present Simple, Future Simple, Present Continuous или поставьте конструкцию to be going + to inf.
- When you_____ (know) your examination results?
- Kathy_____ (travel) to Caracas next month to attend a conference.
- Do you have any plans for lunch today? — I _____ (meet) Shannon at the Sham Cafe in an hour. Do you want to join us?
- I ____ (buy) a bicycle for my son for his birthday next month. Do you know anything about bikes for kids? — Sure. What do you want to know?
- How do you like your new job? — I don’t start it until tomorrow. I_____ (give) you an answer next week.
- I suppose he_____ (talk) about his new invention.
- Why are you packing your suitcase? — I_____ (leave) for Los Angeles in a couple of hours.
- My regular doctor, Dr. Jordan, _____ (attend) a conference in Las Vegas next week, so I hope I _____ (meet) her partner, Dr. Peterson, when I _____ (go) for my appointment next Friday.
- What time class _____ (begin) tomorrow morning? — It_____ (begin) at eight o’clock sharp.
- The coffee shop _____ (open) at seven o’clock tomorrow morning. I’ll meet you there at 7:15. — Okay. I’ll be there.
Упражнение 7. Раскройте скобки употребляя глаголы в Future Continuous, Present Continuous, Future Simple или поставьте конструкцию to be going + to inf.
- At 5 o’clock tomorrow he _______ (work).
- He can’t come at noon tomorrow because he _______ (give) a lesson at that time.
- She_______ (read) an interesting book the whole evening tomorrow.
- At 10 o’clock tomorrow morning he_______ (talk) to his friend.
- You will recognize her when you see her. She_______ (wear) a yellow hat.
- He_______ (have a party) on Saturday 4th December in London at 10 pm.
- In the next days you _______ (visit) famous sights.
- Jeanne and Paul_______ (move) to London next month.
- Leave the washing up. -I _______ (do) it later.
- This time tomorrow I _______ (lie) on the beach.
- Look out! You _______ (spill) your tea!
Упражнение 8. Упражнение раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous, Past Simple.
- Aren’t you about to finish with the dishes? You _______ (wash) the dishes for thirty minutes or more. How long can it take you to wash the dishes?
- We _______ (go) to the Steak House restaurant many times. The food is excellent.
- A: What is that sound? B: A car alarm _______ (ring) somewhere down the street. It _______ (drive) me crazy —I wish it would stop! It _______ (ring) for more than twenty minutes.
- Can you translate this note from Stockholm? I understood Swedish when I _______ (be) a child, but I _______ (forget) it all.
- What’s that dent in the side of the car? You _______ (have) an accident?
- I’m sorry, John’s not here; he _______ (go) to the dentist. He _______ (have) trouble with a tooth for some time.
- This cassette recorder is broken. You _______ (play) about with it?
- Your Italian is very good. You _______ (study) it long?
- Do you mind if I clear the table? You _______ (have) enough to eat?
- Ann never _______ (go) camping. She _______ (not sleep) in a tent.
- Frank, where have you been? We _______ (wait) for you since 1 p.m.
- I’m not surprised he _______ (fail) that exam. He _______ (not / work) hard recently.
Упражнение 9. Pаскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple или Present Perfect Continuous.
- Oh no! The children _______ (cook). Look at the state of this kitchen!
- How many times Wendy _______ (be) late for work this week?
- I’m going to give that cat some food. It _______ (sit) on the doorstep for hours. I’m sure it’s starving.
- I _______ (do) grammar exercises all morning. I deserve a treat for lunch.
- You _______ (not / buy) your mother a present? That’s really mean of you.
- She _______ (work) in Australia for 2 years. Then she moved.
- Now where are my keys? This is the third time I _______ (lose) them today
- You _______ (ever/play) chess? You should try it. I’m sure it’s the sort that you’d like.
- Oh do be quiet. You _______ (grumble) all day!
- Your tennis _______ (really / improve)! You _______ (practice) in secret?
Упражнения на времена английского глагола. Уровень Upper -Intermediate.
Упражнение 10. Подчеркните правильно выбранное время.
- I am writing in connection with the advertisement which appeared / has appeared on 12 April.
- I originally studied/ have studied chemistry at university. I graduated / have been graduating with a first-class degree.
- I now completed / have now completed a postgraduate degree in administration.
- I’ve been trying / I’ve tried to find a permanent job for a considerable time.
- Indeed, I have already worked /I have already been working for several companies on a temporary basis.
- In my first job, I was / have been responsible for marketing,
- I’ve been applying / have applied for several posts this year but I did not manage / have not managed to find what I’m looking for.
- The last job I applied / have applied for required applicants to speak some Japanese,
- I started learning / have been learning Spanish a few months ago I did not obtain / have not obtained a qualification in it yet.
- I did not apply / have not applied for a job with your company before.
- I hoped / have hoped that you would consider my application favourably.
- However, I have been waiting/ have waited for a reply for weeks and I still have not received / did not receive any answer.
Упражнение 11. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple или Present Perfect Continuous.
- Today is Thursday, and John ________ (be) late twice this week; he________ (be) late yesterday and on Monday.
- I first________ (meet) George a month ago, and I ________ (meet) him several times since then.
- It is October now, and we ________ (do) a lot of work this year; we ________ (do) a lot last year too.
- She ________ (buy) a coat last winter, but she________ (not / buy) a new dress since 2008.
- It’s only the middle of the month, and he________ (spend) (already) most of his salary; he ________ (spend) $60 yesterday,
- I ________ (break) my leg in 1991, but I ________ (break) (never) my arm.
- He’s over sixty, and he’s still working. He ________ (work) hard all his life. When he ________ (be) a young man, he sometimes ________ (work) all night.
- The postman ________ (come) at eight yesterday, but it’s now half past eight and he ________ (not / come) yet.
- Today is May 25th. Ted ________ (not / be) absent this month.
- He ________ (feel) extremely ill when he went to hospital, but he ________ (feel) much better since he came out of hospital a month ago.
1 – a, 2 – c, 3 – b, 4 – f,5 – d, 6 – e.
1 Present Simple/indefinite, 2 Past Simple/Indefinite, 3 Present Simple/indefinite, 4 Present Continuous/Progressive, 5 Past Simple/Indefinite, 6 Past Continuous/Progressive, 7 Future Simple / Indefinite, 8 Past Simple/Indefinite
1 was listening / was cooking, 2 did you buy, 3 went / wanted, 4 does your brother usually get, 5 brings, 6 are people doing, 7 have you read, 8 was sleeping / was watching, 9 was /thought /was / think, 10 was walking / saw, 11 are running, 12 doesn’t work / doesn’t speak, 13 bought, 14 goes, 15 were sleeping / arrived.
1 has played ->played, 2 already -> yet, 3 crashed -> has crashed, 4 Did ->have, 5 since -> for, 6 has been already -> has already been
1 doesn’t take /walks, 2 Do you take / Do you walk, 3 think / know /have forgotten, 4 had / gave /took, 5 are watching / were playing, 6 am sitting / sit
1 will you know, 2 is travelling, 3 am meeting, 4 am going to buy, 5 will give, 6 is going to talk, 7 am leaving, 8 is attending / will meet /go, 9 does class begin / begins, 10 opens.
1 will be working, 2 will be giving, 3 will be reading, 4 will be talking, 5 will be wearing, 6 will be having / is having, 7 will visit, 8 are moving, 9 will do, 10 will be lying, 11 will spill
1 have been washing, 2 have gone, 3 is ringing/ is driving /has been ringing, 4 was /have forgotten, 5 have you had, 6 has gone / has had, 7 have you played, 8 have you been studying, 9 have you had, 10 has never gone / has never slept, 11 have been waiting, 12 has failed, hasn’t been working
1 have been cooking, 2 has Wendy been, 3 has been sitting, 4 have been doing, 5 haven’t you bought, 6 worked, 7 have lost, 8 have you ever played, 9 have been grumbling, 10 has really improved, have you practiced
1 appeared, 2 studied / graduated, 3 have now completed, 4 I’ve been trying, 5 have already worked, 6 was, 7 have applied / have not managed, 8 applied, 9 started learning/ have not obtained, 10 have not applied, 11 have hoped, 12 have been waiting/ have not received
1 has been / was, 2 met /have met, 3 have done / did, 4 bought / hasn’t bought, 5 has already spent / spent, 6 broke / have never broken, 7 has been working hard / was / worked, 8 came / hasn’t come, 9 hasn’t been, 10 felt / has felt
На сайте есть упражнения на все времена английского глагола, а также примеры предложений в разных временах. Найти все это можно в рубрике ВРЕМЕНА.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
84 Комментариев для «Упражнения на времена английского глагола»
Упражнения на употребление времен глаголов (3–4-е классы)
Я работаю по УМК И.Н. Верещагиной и О.В. Афанасьевой для начальной школы и для подготовки к контрольным работам составила тренировочные упражнения на времена глагола. Упражнения основаны на знакомой лексике. Каждое упражнение включает в себя все изученные времена, и способствует формированию навыка осознанного употребления грамматики. Потребность в создании этих упражнений вызвана тем, что пособий на тренировку грамматических явлений в начальной школе недостаточно из-за специфики возраста и объёма владения лексикой.
Небольшой объём каждого упражнения позволяет использовать их без ущерба для остальных этапов урока. Предлагаемые упражнения неоднократно помогли мне качественно подготовить детей к контрольным работам и закрепить изученную лексику.
Статья опубликована при поддержке интернет-проекта Сергея Нима langformula.ru, который будет интересен и полезен всем тем, кто изучает и преподает английский язык. Фактически этот блог — приложение к книге Сергея Нима «Как выучить английский язык», в котором автор делится своими знаниями и опытом, касающимися изучения английского. В частности, на странице http://langformula.ru/kak-vyuchit-vremena-anglijskogo-glagola/ Вы найдете подробные советы, как справиться с такой сложной темой как «Времена английского глагола». Кроме того, на сайте langformula.ru представлен словарь из 3000 самых употребительных английских слов, мини-справочник английской грамматики, обзоры популярных программ, сайтов, онлайн-сервисов и приложений, обучающих или помогающих в изучении иностранных языков, а также еще очень много интересной и полезной информации, представленной в доступной и увлекательной форме.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Indefinite, Present Continuous, Past Indefinite или Future Indefinite.
1. Look! Nick (to read) a book.
2. He usually (to read) books at home.
3. Yesterday he (to read) a book at school.
4. I think tomorrow he (not to read).
1. Kate and Ann usually (to go) for a walk together.
2. Yesterday Ann (to go) for a walk with Mary.
3. Look! They (to go) to us.
4. They (to invite) us to play with them, I think.
1. I (to be) a pupil now.
2. Last year I (to be) a pupil too.
3. Next year I (to be) a pupil of the 4th form.
1. I usually (to get up) at 7 o’clock.
2. I (to get up) at 6 o’clock yesterday.
3. Tomorrow I (to get up) early too.
4. I (to do) my homework now.
1. My mother (to cook) dinner every day.
2. She (to cook) a tasty cake last Sunday.
3. She (to cook) fish now.
4. She says she (to cook) chops tomorrow.
1. My little brother (to sleep) now.
2. He usually (to go) to bed at seven.
3. But yesterday he (to go) to bed very late.
4. Next month he (not to go) to school and he hopes he (to get up) at 10 every day.
1. My sister (to buy) a nice dog last month.
2. I hope she (to come) to us with her dog tomorrow.
3. We usually (to play) with her dog when she comes.
4. My mother and I (to read) a book about dogs at the moment.
1. My friend (to teach) his brother to play chess every Sunday.
2. I think he (to teach) me to play this game too.
3. Last week my father (to bring) me chess.
4. I (to look) at it now.
1. The children usually (to have) a break after lessons.
2. They (to run) in the yard now.
3. They (to run and play) during the break yesterday.
4. I think I (to play) with them tomorrow.
1. I (can) read well now.
2. At two I (can not) read at all.
3. I (to be) a little boy two years ago.
4. I (to read) my father’s book now.
5. I think tomorrow I (to start) reading a new one.
1. My friends usually (to skate) in winter.
2. Last winter they (not to skate).
3. They (not to have) the skates.
4. They hope they (to buy) new skates next year.
1. My sister (to watch TV) every evening.
2. She (to watch TV) now.
3. I usually (to watch TV) with her.
4. Yesterday we (not to watch TV).
5. I think tomorrow we (to watch TV) together.
1. Look! The boys (run) a race.
2. They (wear) shorts and T-shirts.
3. They usually (wear) these clothes when they run a race.
4. But yesterday it was cold and they (wear) jeans and coats.
5. The weather will be nice and they (wear) light clothes tomorrow.
1. Mike and Nick (go for a walk) yesterday. They (be) in the forest.
2. They (like) to go for a walk together.
3. Now the boys (play) football in the yard.
4. Next week they (go to school).
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Indefinite, Present Perfect, Present Continuous, Past Indefinite или Future Indefinite.
1. Our classes usually (begin) at 8.30 in the morning.
2. The first lesson (not to begin) yet.
3. I (spend) my last weekend well.
4. I think we (travel) to the seaside next summer.
5. The pupils (have) a break now.
1. My mother (buy) a lot of bananas yesterday.
2. We just (eat) all the bananas.
3. I think she (buy) some more bananas tomorrow.
4. Usually my dog (not to eat) fruit.
5. My dog (eat) meat now.
1. We never (swim) in the ocean.
2. We (swim) in the lake very often last summer.
3. My friend certainly (swim) in the Black Sea next month.
4. We usually (go) swimming to the swimming pool.
5. Look at the boys! They (swim) on such a cold day.
1. I already (be) to many countries.
2. I (be) in London last year.
3. I (travel) to Canada now.
4. We hope we (visit) our American friends next summer.
5. We (visit) them every year.
1. The children (not to learn) the poem yet.
2. They (forget) to write down their homework yesterday.
3. They (get) bad marks tomorrow.
4. They (read) interesting books now.
5. They usually (do) their homework in the evening.
1. I just (have) breakfast.
2. I (eat) my breakfast a minute ago.
3. He (have) his breakfast now.
4. I know that we (have) breakfast at school next Saturday.
5. When… you usually (have) breakfast?
1. I already (see) the monument to Pushkin.
2. I (see) it when I travelled to Moscow last summer.
3. We usually (visit) museums in Moscow.
4. He (watch) the birds in the blue sky now.
5. It (take) you an hour to get to the airport by taxi tomorrow in the morning.
1. Where… you (go) last weekend?
2. How lucky you (be) this year?
3. Many people in Britain usually (work) 5 days a week.
4. Where is Pete? He (leave) the house now.
5. We think we (stay) at a hotel next year.
1. …you (find) the key yet?
2. I (find) it a minute ago.
3. The birds that live in the North usually (fly) to the South in winter.
4. Why … you (cry) little Betty? (now)
5. It (take) me 2 hours to get to London by plane. (tomorrow)
1. The burglar (try) to steal a TV set last week.
2. The burglar just (steal) my bag.
3. We always (take) little luggage when we travel.
4. Look! Nick (shake) his head in answer to my question.
5. I (explain) the rule to you tomorrow.
1. …people usually (shake) hands when they meet?
2. … you (do) the shopping yet?
3. … you (buy) tickets at the railway station yesterday?
4. Why … Ann (wear) her party dress now?
5. Kate hopes she (go) to the theatre next week.
1. My friends (not to arrive) in Moscow yet.
2. A strong wind (blow) now.
3. We (change) trains tomorrow in London.
4. Harry (catch) a plane to London and arrived there at 3 yesterday.
5. My father usually (catch) a bus when he goes to work.
1. I never (collect) anything.
2. She (specialize) in teaching music last year.
3. The sun (rise) in the East.
4. Look! The curtain (rise). The performance (begin).
5. He promises that he (take) part in this work next week.
I. 1. is reading; 2. reads; 3. read; 4. won’t read
II. 1. go; 2. went; 3. are going; 4. will invite
III. 1. am; 2. was; 3. will be
IV. 1. get up; 2. got up; 3. will get up; 4. am doing
V. 1. cooks; 2. cooked; 3. is coking; 4. will cook
VI. 1. is sleeping; 2. goes; 3. went; 4. won’t go; will get up
VII. 1. bought; 2. will come; 3. play; 4. are reading
VIII. 1. teaches; 2. will teach; 3. brought; 4. am looking
IX. 1. have; 2. are running; 3. ran and played; 4. will play
X. 1. can; 2. couldn’t; 3. was; 4. am reading; 5. will start
XI. 1. skate; 2. didn’t skate; 3. didn’t have; 4. will buy
XII. 1. watches; 2. is watching; 3. watch; 4. didn’t watch; 5. will watch
XIII. 1. are running; 2. are wearing; 3. wear; 4. wore; 5. will wear
XIV. 1. went; were; 2. like; 3. are playing; 4. will go
I. 1. begin; 2. hasn’t begun; 3. spent; 4. will travel; 5. are having
II. 1. bought; 2. have just eaten; 3. will buy; 4. doesn’t eat; 5. is eating
III. 1. have never swum; 2. swam; 3. will certainly swim; 4. go; 5. are swimming
IV. 1. have already been; 2 .was; 3. am travelling; 4. will visit; 5. visit
V. 1. haven’t learnt/learned 2. forgot; 3. will get; 4. are reading; 5. do
VI. 1. have just had; 2. ate; 3. is having; 4. will have; 5. do … have
VII. 1. have already seen; 2. saw; 3. visit; 4. is watching; 5. will take
VIII. 1. did … go; 2. have you been; 3. work; 4. is leaving; 5. will stay
IX. 1. Have you found; 2. found; 3. fly; 4. are you crying; 5. will take
,b>X. 1. tried; 2. has just stolen; 3. take; 4. shaking; 5. will explain
XI. 1. Do. shake; 2. Have you done; 3. Did you buy; 4. is Ann wearing; 5. will go
XII. 1. haven’t arrived; 2. is blowing; 3. will change; 4. caught; 5. catches
XIII. 1. have never collected; 2. specialized; 3. rises; 4. is rising; is beginning; 5. will take part