Present Simple Passive. Exercises. Упражнения на страдательный залог
Упражнения на тему Present Simple Passive предлагаются с ответами (with answers) и идут от простых к более сложным. На сайте планируется большое количество упражнений на тему Passive Voice с ответами. Смотрите полезные ссылки внизу страницы.
Easy exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1 . Fill in the verb is or are.
- Grammar rules . always learnt by heart.
- Rare animals . protected in many countries.
- This scarf . made by my granny.
- Animals in the reserve . fed two times a day.
- The same shirts . worn by all the members of our team.
- New Belarussian books . shown in our library
- Many Belarussian towns . described in this book.
- Dinner . always cooked by my mother.
- This place . crowded on Sunday.
- Our village . surrounded with a forest.
Упражнение 2. Write true sentences in Passive Voice. Use the words in table.
sent via satellite.
sold in music shops.
used to access the Internet.
invited to the concert
brought in the morning
cooked by my mother
painted by my friend
given text-books at school
written in English
not allowed to ride a motor-bike.
grown in many countries.
Упражнение 3 . Choose the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences.
- I . (like / am liked) this place.
- What books by Charles Dickens . (translated / are translated) into Belarussian?
- Who . (protects / is protected) animals?
- This city . (is visited / visited) by many people.
- Who . (gives / is given) bad marks in your class?
- Our house . (made /is made) of wood.
- Our holiday . (is begun / begins) next week.
- Pupils . (are given / give) textbooks by the teacher.
- The holiday . (celebrated / is celebrated) every year.
Exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Level : Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 4 . Fill in the gaps using the Present Simple Passive Voice form of the verb in brackets.
Mushroom and Ham Salad
First, 5 mushrooms … (1 – cut) into small pieces and …(2 — mix) with two cut spring onions. Then, 100 g cooked ham …(3— cut) into fine cubes. Now, mushrooms, onions and ham … (4 — mix) in a bowl. Finally, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice … (5 — mix) with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the mixture… (6 — add) to the salad mixture. Enjoy your salad!
The news reporter and a camera operator _______ (1 – send) to investigate a news story. People_____ (2 – interview) by a reporter and the interviews ______ (3 – film) by a camera operator. The film ____ (4 – take) back to the TV studio, and the best parts of the film _______ (5 – choose) by the news editor. Finally, the news report ______ (6 – send) to televisions in people’s homes and the news _____ (7 – watch) by people all over the country.
My motherland is the Republic of Belarus. My country (1 – situate) in the centre of Europe. It (2 – make up) of six regions: Brest, Vitebsk, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk and Mogilev. Belarus (3 – not wash) by any seas or oceans, so it (4 – not separate) from other countries by seas and oceans. Belarus (5 – border) by five countries.
Belarus is mostly flat (плоская). Some uplands can (6 – find) near Minsk and in some districts of Mogilev and Grodno regions. Most of Belarus (7 – cover) by forests. It is a beautiful country with a lot of lakes.
Упражнение 5. Put the passive sentences in order.
- in a lot of schools / are / used / Computers
- of plastic / made / are / CDs
- seen / The information / on a screen/can be
- are / very quickly / The answers / calculated
- played / The game / is / on a computer
- with a modem / are / sent / E-mails
- is / on a disk / Information / stored
- sent / Text messages / are / using mobile phones
- to get information / used / is / The Internet
Упражнение 6. Respond to the situations with a negative sentence using the words and word combinations in brackets.
Cars are made at this factory, (bicycles)
— But bicycles are not made at this factory.
- Bread is sold in this shop, (milk)
- Our house is built of wood, (their house)
- My books are kept on the shelf. exercise-books )
- My younger sister is usually given fruit and milk for supper, (my elder brother)
- Apples are grown in Belarus, (oranges)
- Glass is made of sand, (paper)
- My dresses are made by my mother, (jackets)
- Films are watched by many people, (sports programmes)
- This apple-tree is planted by me. (that cherry-tree)
- All the words are always learnt by the pupils. (rules)
Упражнение 7. Answer the questions in Simple Present Passive.
Is football played in the yard?
— Yes, it is. It’s sometimes played in the yard.
— No, it isn’t. It’s usually played in the field.
Is it played by boys or by girls?
— It’s played by boys as a rule.
- Are you always given good marks?
- Is your friend also given good marks?
- Is your homework always done in time?
- Are you often given money by your parents?
- Is chess played by two or three people?
- Are you often punished at home?
- Are trees planted in summer or in autumn?
- Are you shown pictures at your English lessons?
- Are your exercise-books collected at the beginning or at the end of the lesson?
Упражнение 8. Ask for more information about the sentences using the words in brackets.
The children are left after the lessons.(why,how often)
— Why are the children left after the lessons?
—How often are the children left after the lessons?
- The game is won by our school team, (what game)
- The map is brought from England, (when)
- My books are not kept on the shelf, (why)
- School meetings are held every month, (where)
- The glass is filled with something, (what)
- Hockey is usually played by boys, (when)
- Oranges are not grown in Belarus, (why)
- The dinner is not yet served, (why)
- New rules are explained at the lesson, (by whom)
Exercises on Present Simple Passive. Level – Intermediate.
Упражнение 9. Answer the questions using the words in brackets.
- Do many tourists come to Britain? (is visited )
- Where is the ‘garden of England? (is situated)
- Does it snow in the mountains of Wales? (are covered with)
- What language do people in Scotland speak? (is spoken)
- Are there many seas around the country? (is surrounded by / is washed by)
- Do they make world-famous crafts and clothes in Scotland? (are made)
- Do many people know about the beautiful mountains and lakes of Wales? (are known all over the world)
- Why is the green colour a symbol of Northern Ireland? (is covered)
Упражнение 10. Make up questions in Simple Present Passive.